1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google vs MSN and Sandbox NEWS

Discussion in 'Bing' started by bluegill_catcher, Oct 19, 2005.

I have found that both yahoo and MSN love it when I submit any new urls I have to them manualy. I get indexed very high and fast almost the next day, where Google does sometimes take months. Almost all of my traffic has been coming from MSN, followed by Yahoo, and ask Jeeves, then Google last (since sandboxed).

I have been google sandboxed since May 18 2005 - It looks like yesterday I have been released from the sandbox, I see my google searches are back to there old norm again, some even better, and google trafffic took a nice spike back up now again. So the sandbox can last 5 full months at least. Also, it effects old sites as well as new, My site(s) have been on the net since 2001.

I also have found that for some reason, the quality of traffic seems to be a lot better from google as far as folks buying products and staying around a lot longer on my pages, with msn traffic, they seems to click and run fast.

bluegill_catcher, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  2. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same experiance with MSN. But as for Google indexing my sites, it took between 2 days and 2 months. With MSN it was all within 1 week.

Johnburk, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  3. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to get indexed just link to your site in you forum signature.

Web Gazelle, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  4. Chrissicom

Chrissicom Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the good old signature trick is a bit old by now. I don't get any backlinks indexed by Google from here for example.

My website has been sandboxed on Google.com for around 1 year (it exists since 1997). During the Google.com sandbox time my site stayed #1 at google.de though (the site is in English and German). It's been #1 at google.de for around 3 years now. At google.com I am now #8 since I got out of the sandbox during the last PR update. I've been PR 5 during and after the sandbox time though. I am #4, #8 and #15 at msn.com becaus they list all my domains (English Version, German Version, Forum run on different domains). Also MSN knows how to differentiate the German and English version on msn.com and msn.de while Google doesn't seem to realise I have two domains, one website in two languages.
    For the quality of traffic. Well Google visitors stay longer on my site, MSN visitors leave quicker, but instead of closing their browser or just leaving they click an ad to leave my site. So I gain less real visits from MSN users but I gain more money with them :rolleyes: lol

Chrissicom, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  5. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Well Google may not count em but Yahoo and MSN do and the spiders still crawl them. So, as I said, if you want to get indexed just add a link to your site from you forum signature. :D

Web Gazelle, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    The way Google can throw old established sites in to the sandbox makes me sick. It's dispicable and a real shame.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  7. Andrew_Wright

Andrew_Wright Guest

Best Answers:
    How long does it take to get out of a sandbox, I think I might be in one?

Andrew_Wright, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Anywhere from 4 months to over a year I've heard from various folk on 'ere.

No matter how relevant or chocker with content your site is. Silly, isn't it.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I've never done that. I just assumed since I'm indexed in the SEs that they will automatically find any new inner pages quickly.

Should it be standard operating procedure to submit each new page, or just let them find it? Google crawls my home page almost daily, and I post a link on that home page for a month or so to each new page within the site. Wouldn't that be sufficient to get the new page indexed quickly?

Jim4767, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You're fine...no need to submit. If your index is getting crawled often and links to subpages they will also get indexed.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  11. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Will like i just said, I was an old well established site, and I was sandboxed from the end of May until just now..... like 5 months, but now I am again free.

What I wonder is, What is the real purpose of the sandbox ? Why is a site that has been on the net since 2001 etc sandboxed for 5 months anyway ? Does anyone know the facts.

12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Because of pure speculation and assumption by Google.

Watch out now.. add too much new content or gain too many links and you may get boxxed again. Gotta love it eh.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  13. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:

So submitting articles for traffic and links from sites, can get us sandboxed ?

14. NineFingers

NineFingers Peon

Best Answers:
    MSN counts the links from this forum. It found mine in about 3 days and the site is indexed now. Still waiting for Yahoo and Google even though I submitted directly to them. And after 1 week I also got my first visitors from MSN which is encouraging.

NineFingers, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  15. Web Gazelle

Best Answers:
    Submitting to them directly is almost a complete waste of time. Getting a link from a site that is getting crawled by Google or Yahoo is the best way to get indexed.

Web Gazelle, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  16. Forza

Forza Peon

Best Answers:
    Odd... my site is getting tons of hits from google but nothing from MSN.

MSN has ~65 pages indexed..... Google has ~10,000

Forza, Oct 28, 2005 IP