1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I convert into a social network?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nameonthecake, Jul 16, 2007.

Okay so I have a website bringing 25k uniques a month. It has a forum and a picture gallery with some activity. About 140 users. Only a handful are active.

The website lacks true brand identify, as it was thrown togother to be a "made for adsense website." I am bringing roughly $500 a month, my alexa is going up as well.

Do I take this website to the next level and make it a social network. All my keywords target 14-20 year olds. The demographic has shown to be very active in social networks. If I turn this into a social network I will have some return visitors. I would keep all indexed URLs in the same structure.

What would you do?

nameonthecake, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a strong personal interest in the topic of your website? If yes, then you will be willing to spend the effort it takes to advance it to a social network and you will feel happy that you've created an online community, along with the extra cash that brings. If no, you might get tired quickly, or if you go through with it anyway, you might be disappointed with the end results. My return visitors (in my game website) never made me all that much extra money, but some of them became my friends and one of them created a spin-off website like mine in his language, just like that. I also got noticed by the official game companies because my website was popular :)

caroline, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  3. nameonthecake

nameonthecake Banned

Best Answers:
    Will my adsense earnings and seach engine rankings drop with a social network?

4. nameonthecake

nameonthecake Banned

Best Answers:
    anyone else have any feedback?