1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jim bob 9 pants, Oct 18, 2005.

Not sur if this is the correct place for this but

I have 600 page to add to my site, should I add them in one or drip feed them 3/4 a day whatis best IYO?

I ma thinking adding them over time will make it looklike regular fresh information is being added

Jamie

Jim bob 9 pants, Oct 18, 2005 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  2. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I would spinkle them in a few a day to keep the robots coming back and finding new, fresh content. The other added benefit to this, IMO, would be that you can contiue to tweak and SEO the remaining pages that are still in the "hopper" waiting to be published.

wrmineo, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Depending on how your system is setup you should be able to add them all at the same time and set the publist date to regularly spaced intervals.

if the content is just a site move I'd just get them all up.

sarahk, Oct 18, 2005 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  4. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Great,

I will just add them slow time -sarahk what is

Jim bob 9 pants, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    different ways to look at it. you have 600 articles. If you add 6 a day that's 100 days to get your site up to date. The search engines will come to accept that's your rate. However after 100 days the update frequency will die off and your site may look abandoned. Or they may not notice/care...

You have to find the balance between getting the content on your site and meeting the needs of the users (ie info they need is available) and caution. I wouldn't be too slow - but that's not based on any real stats or proof.

sarahk, Oct 19, 2005 IP