1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Won the War

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by redhits, Oct 17, 2005.

Don't you see little people that there is nothing to do about yourwebsite to be #1 very quickly in google SERPS? The only thing you can do it's Adwords...
    Just take a look at those SEO COmpanyies! they are asking 150 USD per month just to manager...and get some reciprocal backlinks... seocompany.ca i know it's asking 500 USD for manual submiting your website to only 200 web directories! Adwords are 1000 cheapers then SEOs!

redhits, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    So all of my #1 and top ten positions are illusions and don't really exist?

You need to be patient!

Crazy_Rob, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  3. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I dont have the reference but they did a study from companies that had SEO work done and Adwords.

Basically what came out of it was SEO was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more cost efficient with a better ROI.

Now is it wise to pay someone 150 per month to manage your Adwords. Depends on how much you are advertising and what the term manage means. I see manage as continually changing keywords based on seasonal trend, search history, and continually finding the best keywords. That is well worth $150 for some people.

$500 for manual submitting to 200 directories though is a complete waste. You can get that done for much much cheaper.

But overall SEO is better for ROI. Adwords is a quick fix.

aaron_nimocks, Oct 17, 2005 IP
  4. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cool so I will still nead to optimize my website for the next 10 years?!

redhits, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that was a bit of Romanian sarcasm there ;)

Optimisation is on going, I hate the word optimisation though, as it is so misleading. it should be SEM with the M for marketing. If you have a shop, you don't paint the front once and leave it for all time. The top stores like Walmart are continuously looking at market trends, analysing what their shoppers look at, and their demographics. They then tweak the layout of stores, tweak their product range, tweak how they present information etc.

Why should an online business be any different?

How many times have we seen a bar open up, looking all shiny and new, being full to the rafters, then only a year or two later, that same bar looks old and jaded, and not the sort of place you really want to go.

Same can be true of online business.

So to answer your question YES you most certainly WILL have to optimise your site for the next 10 years and beyond, if your treating it as a business that is .:)

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 18, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. jpcesar

jpcesar Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a day of optimizing my Online Pharmacy and in a week i already saw results.

SEO works, it's slow but it really pays off.

jpcesar, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You will be able to drink then, and you can pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate.

aeiouy, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  8. italks

italks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I definetly agree adwords boost search engine ranking in google but its not that its themain part of SEO.You still need to work on SEO for better ranking in google.

italks, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Adwords doesn't boost SE rankings, italks.

Crazy_Rob, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Adwords doesn't have any effect on the serps.

GuyFromChicago, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  11. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Allowing adsense to affect the organic rankings would probably be illegal anyhow, as the High Court ruling stated that paid and natural listings MUST be clearly marked so as not to confuse the searcher.

I doubt that Google would be so dumb as to blatantly go against this ruling, and then state publicly that there is ABSOLUTELY no connection between paid and organic listings.

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  12. AdamSee

AdamSee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Much likely to get more traffic from an organic link than an adword link as well.

AdamSee, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  13. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is the problem with seo. The thing you have to understand is that in the online world their are two ways to get your site number 1.

1. Be patient and manually work on your site.
    2. Spend 15,000.00 and get your site number with all keywords and explosive traffic.

Their are no other options. If you aren't Donald Trump and don't have the money to buy the SEO tools and pay the SEO companies to do all the work for you then guess what? You are going to have to wait a year or two. It is the truth and I know it hurts but the truth always does.

tesla, Oct 19, 2005 IP
  14. Nick Vanderhoven

Nick Vanderhoven Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords are good. SEO with result is better. They are different though. But this discussion is useless.

Nick Vanderhoven, Oct 20, 2005 IP
  15. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maiby the problem is that my website it's only 2-3 months in google serps...

redhits, Oct 20, 2005 IP