1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting clicks for all Referrals products, but use only two

Discussion in 'Google' started by tayiper, Jul 12, 2007.

Hey all, do you folks have any idea on how come that I am getting clicks also for Google AdWords and Picasa, even though that I use only Referrals buttons that promote Google AdSenseFirefox plus and Firefox plus Google Toolbar products??!

thanks, tayiper

tayiper, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe someone copied your code and is using it?

Happened to me before...someone copied an entire page including the adsense code....I made a few dollars off it too. I used copyscape to find the site that was duplicating my content

oseymour, Jul 12, 2007 IP
    tayiper likes this.
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you try to ask this to google but i'm sure that some stupid sites are using your codes

trichnosis, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I had a few sites copied with all my affiliate links. I even made some money off them. If they can copy code they should know they have to change it for them to make money. It just goes to show how some people do not think.

rcj662, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  5. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is another possibility-

While getting your code in referrals you checked "Best performing Ad". This will rotate ads automatically.

godmode, Jul 12, 2007 IP
    tayiper likes this.
  6. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the replies...

Oh and of course, that sentence in the original/first post should be: "that promote Google AdSense and Firefox plus Google Toolbar products??!"

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  7. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I found earnings from adsense for search and adsense referrals yesterday and today although i don't use either of them and i e-mailed Google about it (i'm afraid maybe the site using my code has any content that google might not like) so decided to be in the safe side and tell google to remove those earnings and investigate the source and do an action against it

I wonder when will they allow us to choose domains to use our Adsense ID - they are testing it for months and not yet done ...

Scriptona, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  8. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this might be the reason since I am actually a member of Senserely Yours revenue-sharing website/community (btw. it's owned by one of the members here on DP forum), more precisely I have a Senserely - tayiper' blog blog there.

While also I am a member of two other such sharing websites, namely I have a blog on writingUp (though I don't post there as frequently as on Senserely), and I was also posting "articles" on Articlewise for some time. I don't do it anymore however; for the reason why please read these three blog-entries here (the last related entry), here, and here (the first entry where I mentioned this) on my Senserely blog.

Anyway, at least now I have a proof that it's really working (no, just joking; I knew that even before) as said on the Senserely About/FAQ page!!

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  9. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, please report back what was their answer, would you??!

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 16, 2007 IP