1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to increase my affilate conversions, debtating between two traffic services

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Simplis, Jun 17, 2007.

I want to increase the traffic on my site to increase my alexa rank and boost my affiliate conversions as well.

I am debating between www.revisitors.com and www.vegogo.com

I am leaning towards the vegogo one because they dont use expired domains or computers to generate their traffic.

have any of you tried these services if so I would appreciate some direction here.

Thank you

Simplis

Simplis, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  2. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the traffic will do much. You need highly targetted traffic to make affiliate conversions (PPC traffic, SE traffic, etc.). Alexa rank doesn't matter much either if you're just selling affiliate stuff.

checksum, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  3. Simplis

Simplis Peon

Best Answers:
    ya both revisitors and vegogo.com lets you choose targetted traffic...so im not worried about that.

thanks i appreciate the response though

Simplis

Simplis, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  4. kingrage

kingrage Peon

Best Answers:
    What a waste of money.

kingrage, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  5. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Suit yourself, it's your money.

checksum, Jun 17, 2007 IP
  6. JABevan

JABevan Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe Simplis is the site owner of both VeGoGo.com and Revisitors.com. Simplis posted over at Sitepoint...

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=485686

Also, if you compare the two sites they have a very similar design.

I am testing several traffic generating services and signed up for VeGoGo's 15,000 traffic package on Tuesday. They list $67.95 but their site only charged $47.95. I quickly received an email asking for the additional payment, which I paid a couple of hours later the same night. It's late Thursday night now and I have not heard anything from VeGoGo. I've sent an email inquiry with no response.

I will post back in a few days with further results.

JABevan, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  7. Hade

Hade Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any news on this? I was considering revisitors, but these things are notoriously crap.

Hade, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  8. JABevan

JABevan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I purchased the service on Tuesday 7/3, sent four emails to different company addresses at VeGoGo, posted a complaint at PayPal, and finally heard back. The guys response was that Friday was a UK holiday and they weren't working - obviously that did not explain Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Monday, etc. I pushed back wanting to know what to expect and he responded with a very curt reply that they have a lot of customers to respond to and it will take at least 5 days to hear a response from them.

I also track my web metrics with my hosts default program and Google Analytics. I have no received any additional traffic from any referrers other than my advertising partners.

Bottomline, my personal opinion only, is that VeGoGo and Revisitor are scams.

JABevan, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  9. Benahue

Benahue Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't trust a company on principle named VeGoGo. Sounds like a bad 80's band.

Benahue, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  10. JABevan

JABevan Peon

Best Answers:
    FYI, VeGoGo has contacted me. They are attempting to make reparations... more to follow...

JABevan, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  11. JABevan

JABevan Peon

Best Answers:
    Additional information... VeGoGo has only responded to complaints filed with PayPal. They never responded to direct emails.

I filed a claim with PayPal and heard back from them within hours and started receiving traffic today. I am monitoring traffic and it is absolutely not the traffic that VeGoGo is advertising on their web site - by any means. It is not organic traffic, it is not targeted traffic. All the traffic I am receiving are from pop-unders, and mostly from very questionable sites.

JABevan, Jul 13, 2007 IP