1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

vBulletin Banner Placement

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by obenix, Jul 11, 2007.

Dear DPers,
    I'm trying to put a 468x60 (standard banner) on the top right of my vBulletin forum.
    How can I do this? Is there a special plugin that I need or can I just edit some PHP/HTML codes to achieve this?

Thanks for all the help coming.

obenix, Jul 11, 2007 IP
    bentong likes this.
  2. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Banned

Best Answers:
    Go into your admin.
    Click 'search templates', and use 'header' as the key term.
    Edit the header file.
    There will be a section for the logo, and then a section simply with a &nspb; in it. Change the &nspb; with the actual code.
    If I haven't been clear enough, just say and I'll try and make it clearer.

Geoffrey, Jul 11, 2007 IP
    obenix likes this.
  3. Audiomad

Audiomad Peon

Best Answers:
    you can make a table like I have done on my forum and set it to the right. go to admin --> styles and templates --> style manager --> all style templates --> header

This is at the top

<a name="top"></a>
    <table border="0" width="$stylevar[outertablewidth]" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
    <tr>
    Code (markup):

Add under

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="right" border="0"><tr><td colspan="2">
    <center> your adsense code</center>
    </table>
    Code (markup):

Audiomad, Jul 12, 2007 IP
    obenix likes this.
  4. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As this question has been answered, I'd like to just give some general advice.

When trying to add something to vB the Search feature for templates is handy.

Type in an image name, or a phrase that is here where you want to change, and assuming it's not too generic you should be able to find it.

If it's the phrase itself you want to change, try the translation tool, if you are just trying to add something, that should be rather easy if you know HTML.

IMPORTANT: Take notes of your changes! In almost every update of vB you'll find yourself going template by template putting things back in order. If you don't keep tabs on the things you've changed you'll need to re-search on where it all goes.

Qryztufre, Jul 12, 2007 IP
    obenix likes this.
  5. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the guides and advice... :)

obenix, Jul 12, 2007 IP
  6. sameera

sameera Member

Best Answers:
    I also use vbadvanced CMPS with vbulletin. So is there a way to display one ad on CMPS top and another ad on forum top? I mean not random ads or ad rotation.

I mean one client ad on homepage of the site (CMPS home) and other one want it on the forum.
    So how to do that?

sameera, Mar 14, 2008 IP