1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unexpected Search Engine Results

Discussion in 'Google' started by Quail, Jul 10, 2007.

I originally (and slightly n00bishly) aimed my blog site at a certain set of keywords that weren't ideal. However, when I check my sites stats, words in my content that I didn't even consider keywords often bring me lots of traffic from Google; more than my original set of keywords!! It proves the point that when you upload original content, the search engines will find it!

Some of the words (that I haven't emphasized in my content) come up as the top results in Google :eek:

I'm happy, and just felt like sharing! Hope this inspires some people to get writing on their blogs :D

Quail, Jul 10, 2007 IP
  2. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've noticed this too. I'm not sure how to explain it either. It's strange. I'll optimize my site for certain keywords and yet I rank in Yahoo, Google, or MSN for all sorts of words. My video/enteratainment site once ranked in Google for the search term "click".

Look at it this way, traffic is traffic right?

SeoVeteran33, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  3. SticKer

SticKer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how do you guys check where your site stands for which keyword

SticKer, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  4. uzair

uzair Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I can compiled about this strange.

1)Google love fresh and original content.
    - When you post or write original content, the Googlebot will sure to love your site. It's happen to mine. And if you realized that every time your visitors visit your inner pages, the bots will quickly take a look at where your visitors click and where they are.

That is the some point that you could rank higher for some post you did.And perhaps if you have do SEO in you inner pages and the bots find it's, it will sure fire up your serps. I suggest if you were on Wordpress platform, the All in One SEO plugin will do it right for you.:)

Hope this plugin will do their best with yours keywords to rank.:)

uzair, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  5. SeoVeteran33

SeoVeteran33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sticker - the best place to go for that is here: serp tool

It's shoemoney's serp tool. You can instantly tell where you rank for any keyword on Yahoo, Google, MSN, and Alta Vista.

Also, if you have detailed site statistics (you should), find what keywords your site has been found for. Then you can use the serp tool to see where the traffic came from.

SeoVeteran33, Jul 11, 2007 IP
    SticKer likes this.
  6. SticKer

SticKer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

hey thanks a lot Dglassman26, never knew about this tool and yeh i have the stats about the keywords found.. i have checked some keywords and i get results :)

SticKer, Jul 11, 2007 IP