1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happened to Christianity?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 8, 2007.

If you have ever seen the movie, "Ann of Green Gables" you may remember Ms. Cuthbert saying to Anne that she should good feelings toward their neighbor even though th neighbor has different views because that's the Christian thing to do. I've seen this in older books as well and in still going on in older members of my family.

Why does is seem that Christians seem to be forgetting that Jesus wasn't so judgmental. That he befriended the very people Christians point their fingers at and say, "You're different. You are (homosexual, a slut, a baby killer, etc.) You are going to hell."

I don't remember in the bible ANYWHERE where it was acceptable to pick on anyone for these reasons. How can someone be so judgmental and mean and still be allowed to be call themselves a Christian?

I'm not talking about all Christians here but it seems in my area and have noticed in this forum "Christians" acting this way with comments like, "Homos are gross"

I know this will probably be somewhat of a controversial topic, but I just had to say it. Anyone else have feelings like this?

melbel, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point. There are really caring nonjudgmental Christians and homophobic racist Christians. JUST like there are caring nonjudgmental Atheists and homophobic/racist Atheists.

Sadfully I don't think 100% Christians have read or studied the bible fully... (hence the lack of knowledge)

If people keep being homophobic and saying it's because of their religion.. that hatred is not reflecting well on Christianity.. it's there to do good and spread love, not hate.

8everything, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    8everything i think it's you who hasn't read the bible. It clearly says homosexuality is "an abomination". Personally i think christians and homophobes are idiots, But that doesn't change what the bible says and what christians are supposed to believe.

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  4. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We act more this way because society allows us to...societies change, and with that, the "freedom of speech" has become even more of a freedom. People are allowed to say what they want, and with the advantage of technology, now that can be broadcast all over the world.

d16man, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  5. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The bottom line, for any person, is whether or nt you have a relationship with Christ. That's the only thing that matters in the end.

fsmedia, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I grew out of the "invisible friend" thing a long time ago.

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  7. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL :D :D :D

AGS, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  8. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    About the time you started defending islam and terrorists?

GTech, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why shouldn't i defend Islam? Put your foot in it there a bit didn't you, Ya dumb bigot. Don't you have a clan meet to get too?

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  10. swaymedia

swaymedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I personally believe is that the media has changed people to be less religous just so the spending power increases and the economy increases as well. End of topic, personally for me.

swaymedia, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  11. GTech

Best Answers:
    Thanks for proving my point. How's that jihad training coming along?

GTech, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  12. Tokio

Tokio Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a lot of Christians that I knew only seemed to be Christian on Sunday.

Especially in back in high school where the whole 'ghetto' thing was popular. Kids would be harassing each other all the time - hating other people for stupid reasons, guys would have all their bitchez n ho's, but on Sunday everyone was Christian.

Not ALL of them, but most of them that I knew.

Tokio, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I asked a question. Why shouldn't i defend islam? What have they done?

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  14. GTech

Best Answers:
    You tell me? I was admiring your double standard of "invisible friend."

Apparently you approve of all they do including the recent attacks on your country.

I asked a question. How's that jihad training coming along?

I also asked another question: What other terrorist groups do you support?

Feeling frisky today? I am :D

GTech, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So because i respect the rights of people i have to automatically believe in their god? Why shouldn't i defend Islam? it's a simple question.

now i know you are going to revert back to making nonsensical unfounded claims and refusing to answer thew question, but I'll ask it anyway just so you can dig a deeper hole for yourself and we can all watch you flounder in embarrassment for saying such a stupid remark.

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  16. GTech

Best Answers:
    Did I miss a post about respect? Or are you trying to twist out of it?

I asked a question. How's that jihad training coming along?

I also asked another question: What other terrorist groups do you support?

GTech, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm ignoring your questions because they have no relevance and you are simply repeating them, Like you do in every thread, because you sense the inevitable owning you are about to receive for insinuating that by defending Islam someone is doing something wrong.

I will ask again, Either answer it or stop posting, Why shouldn't i defend Islam? You brought it up, So step up and clarify what you meant and explain why defending Islam is the wrong thing to do. Or you could of course admit that you put your foot in your mouth and said said something ignorant and bigoted, At which point i would expect you to retract the statement and keep quiet.

stOx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  18. kawikaan

kawikaan Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey guys look at this verse, so the bible said that there is a pure religion if there is a pure religion there are also not pure religion. :) so we have to find the pure religion.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

kawikaan, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    Good! I'm truly flattered, I want you to run away from them ;)

I want you to avoid answering the tough questions that you are ashamed of, and I want you to keep asking the same questions I've already addressed.

But most importantly, I want you to continue to expose yourself for a bigotted terrorist supporter. To that end, you are doing a marvelous job!

GTech, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  20. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds about right to me.

I'm sure they went to a mega church as well, one that gave out free soda and pop corn for the rock concert.

LinkSales, Jul 9, 2007 IP