1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reseller Hosting?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by joch21, Jul 9, 2007.

I dont have too much experience with hosting so I wonder if someone can help me with this.

I want to sell some small websites to people. They will buy the website from me and I also want to charge them $25 a month to host this small website. This will be a recurring charge that bills their credit card each month automatically. What is the best way to set something like this up?

Ideally I dont want to have to deal with hosting support or downtime or software upgrades that might be required with running my own dedicated server. Is there some kind of system that will allow me to charge people $25 a month for a small space on my server and collect the cash from them each month with very little work? These websites wont be very complex nor will they receive much traffic so I dont need anything too fancy.

Can someone give me an idea of what I need to look into. Id like to deal with well known hosting companies and not some fly by night hosting companies that some people on here may have set up.

Thanks

joch21, Jul 9, 2007 IP
    ncaditya likes this.
  2. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    joch21, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  3. xumit

xumit Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yes but its pricy,
    I can give you and offshore hosting for 20$/month
    100gb HD/ 1TB bandwidth.

xumit, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  4. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As stated in my original post

joch21, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  5. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    id like to joing to his post with the same question please,

what are the well known hosting companies?

wounded1987, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  6. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Webhosting UK was established in the year 2001 with a pivotal aspiration to offer the best quality unmatched services and customer satisfaction that was in everyone's price range. Since it's inception, Webhosting UK has been committed to entrust customers with effective & easy to use web hosting services backed by unmatched 24/7 quality technical support and guaranteed server uptime.

You can view our cPanel reseller plans at http://www.webhosting.uk.com/cpanel-reseller-hosting.php

Free Billing: phpCOIN is the free billing software available within Fantastico.

If you have any queries please feel free to contact us through our 24x7 live chat support or mail us at

Markwebuk, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  7. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i been running hostgator review for sometime.
    and also notice that hostgator reseller is much popular as well.

hostgator reseller plan not have overselling features. Thus will result in better hosting service to your client.

charlesgan, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  8. JumpOnlineWith

JumpOnlineWith Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

I run Svphost.com. I have been the owner of this site for 1 year now. The site was online by the previous owner for about 3 years prior to my ownership.

Before I got into the hosting business full time I too was at a point where I was looking for a webhost. My first instinct to go with the cheapest. Come to find out the cheapest don't always work out. Then it was ok do a search on google and go with the top familiar ones that you hear about all the time.

This worked to a degree but there was always issues. Some of you unknown lowkey web hosting companies are better and usually COMPETETIVE with the well known companies. But being a small company we are normally a little more expensive.

As a hosting provider now I don't think it is right to not choose a webhosting company because they are not well known. I do understand that time online is definitely and issue because of the fly by night companies out there.

I prefer to keep my hosting simple and maybe 3 employees maxxed. This way I can assure the upmost Quality and Tech Support Possible.

This is my 2 cents worth,
    sales@svphost.com

JumpOnlineWith, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  9. PadraigCurran

PadraigCurran Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Look at site5.com.;) Or if you want a cheaper, better option check the link in my sig!:)

PadraigCurran, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  10. daryo

daryo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hy I can give you 100gb space and 1 TB transfer for 10$ per month, PM me if you're interested

daryo, Jul 14, 2007 IP