1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote my affiliate program

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by casper, Jun 18, 2007.

Hi guys,

I have recently fully completed my website business-web.org and I'm now trying to promote the website in any way I can.

I have created an affiliate program (see sig), but I don't know how to promote it. I think 70% commission of $168 is fair, right? How can I get people to sign up for my affiliate program? Are there places where I can promote the program? And are there ways to make my program more attractive to affiliates?

Any input is appreciated!

Caps

casper, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    70% is maybe a bit too high. My first reaction was "70% commission?!! Must be some kind of scam"

Maybe change it to 50%.

Try emailing sites that you think would have the right customer base for this sort of product.

mad4, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  3. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    Haha, would lowering my affiliate program from 70% to %50 really attract more affiliates? :D
    I sell memberships to visitors and I expect them to stay with me for about 2-3 years, I thought 70% was fair.

I'm thinking about selling my product on clickbank, but I offer a 30day free trial before full registration. Clickbank only offers some kind of a 'BUY NOW' option. Would it be possible to add my product clickbank, or is it better to remove the 30day trial when users are being referred by affiliates?

casper, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  4. affearner

affearner Peon

Best Answers:
    Advertising an affiliate program is almost similar to advertising a particular site. You can start with submission to Affiliate Program Directories like AffiliateSeeking.com and then follow it up with the following:

1. reach out to people in your email list and send them an email recruiting them to sign up

2. write articles about your program

3. check the potentials of social sites

4. do blogging

affearner, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  5. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    well, a high commission is a good start :)
    Now, you need to find good affiliates in your industry and get your site known to them by advertising and at the online places they hang out at - you can also hunt for super affiliates and if you can do private label deals too, you'd get a good response as long as you are doing good tracking and making the payments to your affiliates promptly :)

onedollar, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  6. pioneerr

pioneerr Banned

Best Answers:
    High commission may put people on guard IMO.

pioneerr, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  7. tmark938

tmark938 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Casper

You may be interested in my simple PPC forumulae at my blog :-

www.e-zone.uk.com/blog

It shows how to ensure you make money from PPC advertising for your affiliate programs.

Regards,

Mark

tmark938, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  8. client3

client3 Banned

Best Answers:
    i think its better to advertise in affiliate network sites like shareasale or cj for a new site.

client3, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  9. affearner

affearner Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with client3. It's always best that you have someone professional who can handle affiliate program management. However some networks require high fee. Please try research on the fees and practicality of joining network solutions.

affearner, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  10. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    Thx for the response, I'll try to set up an affiliate network in order to gain attention on the internet. But where to promote my affiliate program :)

Anyone interested in joining? http://www.business-web.org/?go=become-affiliate :)

thx for the help guys!

caps

casper, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  11. SupernalMedia

SupernalMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can post in forums, buy ad space on big websites that would relate to your type of traffic. You know, anything and everything of that nature :D

SupernalMedia, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  12. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Submit it in affiliate programs directories. See my SIG, there is one for you :)
    And if you have also referral program than it will be even better.

webmoney, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  13. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    I have added my aff program to several aff directories, I hope that it works :D !

thx

casper, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, submitting in affiliate program directories are a good idea and maybe some forums that allow you to announce your affiliate program. Now all forums all announcing of affiliate programs though, well mine don't anyway. lol

john269, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  15. ronaldmarva

ronaldmarva Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Directories are good place to market your affiliate program. Joining an affiliate network is also a good solution but you need to check your budget as bigger networks charge exorbitant price for their services.

I recommend that you also read the book of Geno Prussakov. I for one have find it very useful in directing my campaign in affiliate program management.

ronaldmarva, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  16. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, I have received several PMs from people interested in my affiliate program, which is great :) .

Is there some kind of an affiliate directory list? I would like to submit my affiliate program to as many affiliate directories as possible, to create a large group of active affiliates.

grz caps

casper, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  17. eduoku

eduoku Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,
    i have head so much about affiliate marketing,how regular guys like you and i get to make $$$$$ selling otherb people's stuffs online.i am quite curious and will like to know how to start and how to promote my links.i know there are sites that provide a list of the merchants that nice deals to affiliates to promote and sell their products.
    i have also heard that there books and manuals with tips and a alot of helpful hints on how to go about it.
    i would like it if anyone here would give me an insight on how to also start this online biz.ps recommend ebooks and other things that will help.insightfull suggestions will be appreciated.

eduoku, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  18. minisitedesigns

minisitedesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can focus on JV if you are running a membership site. Find someone that has a big email list that is relevant to your site and ask them to partner with you. Now remember you have to give them the what is in it for me factor in order to even convice them.

minisitedesigns, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  19. casper

casper Guest

Best Answers:
    JV? What is that? :)

casper, Jul 9, 2007 IP