1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unpaid Submission Problems?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by CReed, Jul 7, 2007.

1. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Brian,

j/w what kind of payment problems your talking about? If its happens to be a pending payment, it stays inside the "spam" database, before going into your main one.

Thanks,
    Leopard

LeopardAt1, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  2. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how eSyndicate or Indexu or other scripts handle it, but phplynx flags unpaid submissions as such (distinct from free submissions). It also allows you the option to auto-delete them though I think CReed's advice in the OP is solid.

Bernard, Jul 8, 2007 IP
    jmort732 likes this.
  3. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It may not be intentional on the directory owners part and I seriously doubt that they're trying to cheat anyone, but this is an oversight that can/will lead to abandon submissions as you confirmed.

It may also go further to give a submitter doubts about the reliability/credibility of a directory as you mentioned.

Realizing that various scripts handle submissions in different ways, the original post was made to address a recurring problem expressed within our community, offer some suggestions based on my personal experiences and invite others to contribute suggestions. :)

It's good to see that some are working towards solutions, and until there is one we can all provide some suggestions even if we do not share the same problem.

CReed, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  4. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    David and the crew has done a lot for phpLD already (and is still trying to do so) and is very helpful to the ones who contribute to it (mod developers and template designers...I'm sure a lot of mod developers and template designers appreciate what they have done).

I tried to learn not to criticize much on this board, but I don't know why, some of your comments just tick me off (from now on, I'll just try to ignore them).

You should ask yourself this. Is it David's fault there are Spammers? Does phpLD not try to implement a CAPTCHA system to avoid these kind of problems. And now you wish to go on the phpLD boards and be a bugaboo to him so he can solve the solution to the assh0le spammers out there? It's funny because you really didn't seem to care when I actually told you my solution to this problem a few weeks back...you know, the one you just stated above in bold.

I went to David a while back and told him my solution for this. He said it was a good idea and that he was "not out to copy me." When I saw those words, my whole entire game plan changed. It was then that I decided to really commit myself to the phpLD community. Back then I told him I was 90% done with this payment system, but little did I know. The fact that I was even more committed, made me want to add so many other features to offer to people. And yes, I am very thankful to David for this opportunity.

Leopard

LeopardAt1, Jul 8, 2007 IP
    CReed and jmort732 like this.
  5. jmort732

jmort732 Peon

Best Answers:
    Leopard,
    You are a class act. :)

Morty

jmort732, Jul 8, 2007 IP
    LeopardAt1 likes this.