1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mesothelioma only paying 3 to 12 cents!!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Johnburk, Oct 14, 2005.

There are alot of websites claiming that the keyword Mesothelioma pays anywhere between $ 5 and $ 50 for adsense.

I tried this out and found out that is only pays 3 to 12 cents!

So much for websites giving keywords prices :(

What site has the keyword values right?

Johnburk, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That's what happens when you make a site w/ no content.

Crazy_Rob, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see wonderful content...it's that sentence between adsense block #2 and #3, and that sentence before the adlinks too.

Question - why should some random site about meso pay $5 a click?

lorien1973, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The amount of cash paid per click varies on the timing as well. If you have a new class action lawsuit somewhere, and you rank for that term, you can make a ton while it's hot.

Blogmaster, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  5. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Yes, so its time for a wonderfully informational page on Vioxx or personal injury law! Man, those random pages with 4-5 complete sentences are worth millions cool hard adsense dollars.

Liminal likes this.
  6. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see a site built by someone who is really passionate and knowledgeable about the topic. Hate all those other "build for adsense" sites :mad:

Liminal, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    good thing about this site was that while you are getting info on your mesothelioma (and if you are gonna die or not) - you can get some concert tickets and a hotel room too. Man, that's a time saver!

8. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people need to learn the law of supply and demand.

If I have only 5 publishers with inventory for ads then it is likely the cost will be at a higher price because it will be harder to get shown on their site.

If I have 50000 publishers with inventory for my ads, I am going to pay less, and eventually near minimum.

I always thought it was a fool's game to chase priced keywords to begin with...

aeiouy, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    If you guys want to be able to get a lot of legal terms, build a legal site that people rely on and know about :)

10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not only that, but if the people paying $50 see no return on investment, they will just pay $50 for search clicks (on www.google.com), not content (AdSense) clicks.

digitalpoint, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    chiefwiggum likes this.
  11. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. That said, Google still gets a pretty penny from the Meso advertisers due to the nature of the ads.

As for the publishers, Google payouts nowadays reflect the quality (authority) of the site, content, ad position, CTR of a particular ad and many other factors (smart pricing algo). I bet in the cases like the site in question, the payouts are minimal.

Liminal, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  12. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Great answer. That explains alot :D

Do I know anything about Mesothelioma? NO
    Do I make sites pure for adsense? NO
    Why I did this? I like to test things that I find hard to believe. So I got a domain to test this out.

As a marketing student I find it hard to understand that there are people willing to pay such large amounts for a click that publishers get $ 50.

My point of view is that it is interesting to invest in something that has a high return on investment of at least higher than competing investments.

I asked myself “Why would someone pay such high amounts, when there so many uncontroling elements, then I realized that I might be asking the wrong question.
    The write question should be “Are they paying this for any page containing Mesothelioma?”

Liminal gave me the answers that can help me explore the marketing behind it.

Johnburk, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    No, some people need to stop being lazy asses and actually work to earn their money instead of building some crappy site and expecting to get $50 per click.

fryman, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Well said, most of the people here who do well, have started small from the ground up, making scrifices and working hard. It's ok to help new people, but you cannot make someone else successful. It has to come from within :)

15. Malik04

Malik04 Guest

Best Answers:
    I tried that, and it doesn't pay much (the mesothelioma clicks that is...)
    It's better to find new niches.
    I found one, and I'm promoting the site right now, because the clicks are great and I'm also interested in the content.

Don't make adsense boring (just by going to high paying keywords). This will make you hate adsense.

Malik04, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny thing is yahoo is putting meso ads on some of my pages by default.. I have nothing close to anything that could trigger them..and I am using computer targetting...

So not sure why Yahoo is giving them to me.. I just wonder how much they are worth.

aeiouy, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  17. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got a mesothelioma site, earned 39 cents in a month from 7 clicks. If they are not quality clicks, you will get paid very little for them.

dzcap, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  18. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:

Haha, maybe Yahoo is going for the big $$$ ;)

Johnburk, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  19. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried out this mesothelioma thing. Yes, it paid like 10 cents per click, LOL. So much for the effort to become a cancer scientist, LOL.

my44, Oct 15, 2005 IP
  20. Less

Less Peon

Best Answers:
    From the psychology of advertiser that puts ads on adwords it's clear that he pays without thinking of these tons of sites about mesothelioma that are waiting for his ads.
    He pays for the quality of targeted visitors that google brings to his. Currently this quality is considered to be the best in the Internet.

And paying these 50 bucks advertiser makes simple calculation.
    He calculates that 50% of visitors that Google brings to him are targeted visitors that are interested in his services (that's due to the advertising quality that Google provides). And he also calculates that about 10% of them will leave their money on his resource (that's due to expectations and statistics of advertiser).
    That means that 5% of all visitors will pay something.
    That means that if the average earnings from one client are more them these $50/5% = 1000$ then there is much sense to advertise.

Less, Oct 16, 2005 IP