1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Evolutıon????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by farukmert, Oct 14, 2005.

I ask for a brief answer; can you build a building without ground floor? you cannot. how can you build a theory without explaining the origin of first living organism? Give me a logical answer

farukmert, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  2. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    Evolution isn't the theory of how life arose - fin.

It simply tries to address the diversification of species.

I. Brian, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of things that evolution cannot explain in the world - nor make sense of. That's why its not "fact" it's a theory and one of many.

lorien1973, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  4. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    For Example?? Not trying to start a fight I am just curious what cannot be explained by evolution.

palespyder, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Yes you can!

Now your whole theory is shot! What are you going to do now?

Crazy_Rob, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  6. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Little backup for you Rob ;)

[​IMG]

Crazy_Rob likes this.
  7. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I don't usually get into it, but here are some biggies:

Evolution cannot explain the evolving of the human race.

First, evolution does not state that man descended from apes. Evolution states that there was a pre-ape branch that split. That pre-ape formed apes/monkeys and mankind. Great.

The ape/monkey line is very much like a tree. You have chimps, you have apes, you have hundreds of types of monkeys, apes, etc.

The human line is a straight line. It does not branch at all. You have 1 type of man. It goes in order (from the fossil record). I dont know the order off the top of my head. Point is; the lines never branch off. Each point is a line directed towards homo sapiens. There are no "lesser" men, but there are "lesser" apes, etc that are supposed to be less evolved.

Why would every other branch of every other tree have branches in evolution, except for homo sapiens? At the very least, it suggests intelligent design.

Evolution did not happen in a vacuum. (spend some time to think about this one, really)

If you accept the premise that evolution happens, you have to accept the premise that it happens at different rates in different ways for different creatures. Correct?

So...if you have oceans and land, you have different species at different "evolutional" levels on both land and sea. Evolution says that certain creatures left the sea to become land animals. First, you have blindly look past will. Why would a sea creature want to go somewhere its not designed to go? There's no reason - it cannot know that the "grass is greener" where it has never been nor ever seen. And, evolution doesn't happen over 1 generation, it takes millions of changes for it to happen at all. So, evolutionists would have us believe that the "will" of a creature is passed down to each generation and they all strive towards the same goal.

So it happens. Evolution begins. You have a sea animal become a land animal. Is that the first land animal? Probably not? Is it the most adapted land animal? Of course its not - it just made it out of the water so its very much not at home anywhere. This non-conformist animal (that is neitehr perfectly at home in nor water) would find it very difficult to exist in a predacious environment where it is extremely easy pickings.

Could it have survived enough generations to complete into a fully adapted land animal? In a predacious word, especially considering it would be onslaughted with bacteria and airborne diseases that it never encountered underwater, its not very likely.

8. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Interesting read, never seen those arguments before.

I also believe that conditons had to be perfect for us to "evolve" in the way we have and therefore I see the ID perspective on this point.

But this last argument is a bit confusing to me, you are assuming that the creature left the water out of "will" as opposed to say an outside force acting upon it, for example it's pond drying up and therefore "forcing" an evolutionary response, survival of the fittest. Or say a change in it's diet due to the extinction of it's food source which also might cause the animal to respond in another way then it normally would to survive. These things are happening all the time. There are millions of factors that could cause something to come out of the water, (see the walking catfish).

9. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    But you've made my argument for me. If there was an outside factor (water drying up, lack of food, or millions of other things) - then the millions of years required to let evolution complete would not be available. The creature would cease to exist, right. If it was outside factor, evolution is too darned slow.

10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Beat me to 1/2 my point Palespyder, as far as human beings go though and there not being any 'difference' at all in human race, I'm not going to get into this to heavily as I'm sure racist or other terms would come flying but there are many differences including disease, size, and other areas in human beings acrossed the globe. Be it different in very small ways, it is still different, something that possibly took a few thousand years and the millions of years have yet to occur ;) So in other words again not to fully get into it, draw your own conclusions as to why human averages continue to change, even the theory of better nutrition could be in fact evolution as nutrition changes in itself is a change in environment and the cause and effect or evolution taking place.

But I'll leave you all to fight this one out for now, very touchy subject for some.

GRIM, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  11. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if evolution is true then there must be an opposite at work - ie. gworld

debunked, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster and sachin410 like this.
  12. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not realy look at how long it takes a lake to become a swamp and then nothing, takes more than a few years ;)

GRIM, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Damn no disrespect to gworld, but that was funny!

GRIM, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Without prove of a different scenario being evident to have taken place, theories get developed.

Blogmaster, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  15. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL I'm surprised he hasn't commented yet!

Blogmaster, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  16. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Not exactly what I meant. This "forced response" is not something so large as the pool dries up so now I am a land creature, it's more subtle, like my pool dried up so now I can breathe air long enough to make it to another pool, then several generations later, I develop the ability to "walk" on land and so on.

17. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    You assume normal conditions. If the conditions are so harsh and drastic to force everything out. It cannot be the normal "lake drying up" situation.

18. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Patience Mike Patience...gworld will come through ;)

19. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Man it's time for me to go home, I shall return, this is an actual interesting conversation :) No anger, no malice, just good old fashion debate :)

20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Normal conditions is where it would be at though, extreme conditions as drying up overnight with no water left of course it would cease to exist. I was showing however how something can gradually happen. Do you dispute the lake drying up over time and an animal being able to somehow mutate 'or evolve' to handle the dryer conditions?

GRIM, Oct 14, 2005 IP