1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Answer the call!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by zk0, Jul 7, 2007.

zk0, Jul 7, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=466775

lorien1973, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well everytime we go to the movies we are supporting them. If we can form a movement of environmentally away people we can band together and choose which actor or actress to support (by going to their movies) and which ones not to support depending on how their stance is for or against the environment.:)

pingpong123, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  4. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    zk0, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  5. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just been watching some of it on the Beeb (BBC) and what an utter load of focking cobblers it is too. Most of the artists are there for one thing and one thing only, promotion.

They don't give a rats ass about supporting Al Gores fake global warming BS. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Good link lorien, this might be the only time I approve of a link that you have posted. :)

Of course my view on it being that it is a load of utter bullshit whereas yours will obviously be fuelled by your dislike of Democrat wankers like Al Gore. ;)

AGS, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Lorien, well done. I totally agree with you. John Fowles was an English author whose work I love very much. He was also a naturalist, and his writing - both fiction and non-fiction - is suffused with his love for the natural world. While understanding a "conservation movement" and its impetus, he decries any sniff of hype that surrounds it. Here, from his book Wormholes, in his chapter, "Weeds, Bugs, Americans (1970)":

[Emphasis Fowles's].

What I take from what he writes is that it isn't the glorious trappings of such celebrity-festooned showpieces, but the minutae of daily choice, that is at once less glamorous and infinitely more powerful.

northpointaiki, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    We can all do our share in saving the world if we simply boycott Madonna!

Rebecca, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  8. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty spooky because I also agree with him too, so that makes myself, you and lorien all agreeing on something. :eek:

That's got to be a first.

Now if only lorien and you can translate the utter bullshit and manipulation of this BS from Gore into how terrorists like Bush do similar things via the utterly controlled mainstream media then we might just make some progress with you sheeple. ;)

AGS, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    AGS, go back to your hole. That whistling wind you hear is the grotto of your cranium, where once, so long ago, a brain remained.

Praise where praise is due, decry where it is due as well, moron. No "well, that's gotta be a first," and so much attention-seeking other blather. I know you've got a tragically frail sense of self, but just say, "I agree" or "I disagree" on the merits, build an argument, and let the chips fall where they may.

Or not. I can imagine it gets lonely in that dark closet, and equally I imagine it positively hurts to squeak an original thought from your diminished peanut.

northpointaiki, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever dude. :p

I thought there was a moment of magic between us...I thought....I thought you loved me. [​IMG]

AGS, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  11. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Much like the celebrities and AIDS, celebrities and 3rd world poverty, Live 8, etc. Instead of actually doing things; their goal is to make sure everyone knows they care about the cause de jour.

Hypocrisy of it all is really disturbing. We have celebrities all over the planet advocating 3rd world debt relief, higher taxes to pay for the 3rd world, then we find out they put their own money in tax shelters to avoid paying those same taxes. Same with the environmental hypocrisy. I think the "offset" concept is the worst thing to ever come out. Instead of doing something, you pay someone else so you can continue your "sinning" - it's the antithesis of actually helping and it damages the cause more than helps.

As you know, I disagree with AGW (anthromorphic/manmade global warming) but I think there are positive messages that can come out of the debate. Using resources more wisely, lessening/controlling pollution, alternative energy sources, etc. But the actual good messages get lost in overbearing controls, far flung and unsupportable conclusions and over-regulation where it's not needed.

Through purely voluntary efforts, we have more people using hybrid cars, people switching to the energy efficient bulbs, xeriscaping, installing solar power, work on alternate power sources (still boggles me why we can't harness lightning, but maybe getting closer?), etc. All moves in good directions by people not demanding to be stared at for doing it.

lorien1973, Jul 7, 2007 IP
    stephfoster likes this.
  12. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe a lot of the energy used was from biofuels and renewable sources and/or offset. In the Sydney concerts, public transport was included in the ticket price.

http://www.liveearth.org/event.php

zk0, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  13. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right Wing Launches Dishonest, Misinformed Attacks Against Live Earth

And another quote:

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/07/07/live-earth-report/

zk0, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  14. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Instead of attending 'awareness events', WE ALL need to kick up a stink about the amount of resources that industrial plants are unnessarily using.

Changing our light globes and walking to walk won't do a thing while huge factories continue to pump Earth's resources into the atmosphere.

Kerosene, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Carbon credit are a scam:

http://green.itweek.co.uk/2007/02/emission_tradin.html

Carbon credits are just further confirmation that global warming is more a religion than science. Read up on "tithing and indulgences" from the medieval times; and you'll realize they are identical.

lorien1973, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  16. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Carbon credits isn't the best tool to stop global warming. But it's one of many ways we need to take.

Also, do you personally think global warming is real and caused by us humans?

zk0, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  17. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    It happens, but its a natural function of nature. Please see the little ice age and the medieval warming period. Then I'd go outside, stare at this big yellow thing in the sky and realize that its output is not constant; it ebbs and flows. Then I'd read about carbon dioxide as a trailing indicator (not a leading indicator) and read about sunspots and how the more closely match temperature fluctuations over the past 1000 years or so.

Then you can read about Greenland's lush forested past:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6276576.stm

then I'd suggest you read this:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/05/nosplit/nwarm05.xml

I hope I've helped clarify the situation for you :)

I'll take steps when the people who say I need to take steps start taking steps themselves. Get me?

Did you read about tithings and indulgences as I requested? it makes it plainly obvious that global warming is just a new age religion.

lorien1973, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  18. alstar70

alstar70 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or the Govt. and others could just release TECHNOLOGY that allows access to other sources of energy and save all the hassle.

alstar70, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  19. ships-cat

ships-cat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hiya zk0 - I think your suggestion to save energy is a good one. Just as long as you realise that - whills this is laudable and we should ALL be striving to do it on economic grounds - it has absolutely NOTHING to do with climate change, saving the earth, or whatever.

Meow Purr.

ships-cat, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  20. zk0

zk0 Peon

Best Answers:
    So you don't believe global warming is real.

IPCC

Educate yourself.

By the way children, if you don't "believe" in Global Warming, then you may as well go ahead and say you don't believe in DNA, that the Earth is flat, that the sun revolves around the Earth, and that organ transplants are actually magic miracles performance by a higher being named Bob.

We already have that technology - it's called renewable energy sources.

Ehh what are you talking about? Of course it has to do with global warming.

zk0, Jul 9, 2007 IP