1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Active x trap

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by fryman, Mar 31, 2005.

I was visiting a site and noticed that there was a set of coop ads at the footer. I clicked on one that said "buddy icons", and got sent to www.iconbud.com

When you get to that site you have an activex prompt blasting in your face,I kept clicking on the "no" button and it kept popping up, had to use the task manager to kill the window.

And, of course, that site is run by the "wizteen", who is famous here for using all kind of crap in his sites and then saying "oh, I had no idea..."

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=8608&highlight=wizteen

Weren't his sites banned from the coop??
    :mad:

I think we should put up a rule for not accepting sites that use this stuff. I have a clean site, why would I want to send my visitors to a place that will get their computer full of spyware?

fryman, Mar 31, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What was the ActiveX prompt for? I didn't see anything when I checked it with IE.

digitalpoint, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I just checked again and it is still there, also using IE.

It is a prompt from mediamotor, an active x spyware network. I have a screenshot in case you would like to take a look at it.

fryman, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually, I got it too now.. they have been banned.

5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help, shawn :D

fryman, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Knocked out 2 other sites that were his that were doing the same thing too BTW.

7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    That guy never learns... :rolleyes:

fryman, Mar 31, 2005 IP
  8. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    IconBud.com is NOT part of WizTeen Networks. It is part of Fitz networks, www.fitznetwork.com. I'm surprised you guys didn't actually look into this. We do not run active x campaigns anymore last time we ran active x was about a year and a half ago but we have decided we would never run them again. All of our sites are infact still banned from digital point even though it has been about a year since we were banned. The reason we were banned was an accident we had removed all the active x from our sites before we signed up but forgot one of the smaller sites and somebody noticed and posted a big fuss about it and everyone started flamming us even though we addressed the problem as soon as we seen it (I guess everyone here is perfect). Anyway we can get our sites unbanned anytime, as we have a network of sites getting around 3,000,000 impressions per day? Please also get your facts straight before you start blaming me for stuff as I know everyone here is quick to point a finger.

Thanks, Kyle

wizteen, Oct 2, 2005 IP
    frankm and prowess like this.
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why would you want to join an ad network that you wanted to "take down"? :) (How did that go BTW?)

I'm curious if you really have any site that even gets 1% of that amount of traffic though. 3M page views per day is an awful lot. Assuming each user viewed 3 pages, that works out to 12 unique visitors per second.

digitalpoint, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If our friend truly is a 'wizteen' then why is he NOT learning from these silly errors that effect other COOP member sites...the truth is the leopard never changes his spots.

Homer, Oct 3, 2005 IP
  11. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    You familiar with statcounter.com well here are a few screenshots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theres the stats for 3 sites in my network keep in mind we have about 30 sites now. I don't have statcounter on them all just a few of older ones since we keep going over 15,000,000 page view limit at statcounter with just a few of sites on it.

So for all you dumbasses out there who want to flame me keep doing it show some of your sites stats. Pretty hard to believe a so called "scumbag" active x person like me can get so much traffic, I must be doing something right for people to keep coming to my sites...

BTW I was just looking at your blogger digitalpoint nice Hummer I got an Escalade myself didn't like Hummers ride to much kinda bumpy. Heres pic of mine www.wizteen.com/dp/car.gif and www.wizteen.com/dp/IMG_1688.jpg

wizteen, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  12. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    The most I see there is 300k

I think you were telling little porkies... :)

SEbasic, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  13. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey dumbass I said that wasn't me. You know I admit I ran active x popups for about 3 months around a year and a half ago. I made over $100,000 from running them during that 3 month period. I took them down after I seen what they were doing to peoples computers. I got a few emails from people who intalled stuff complaining after I quit running it and sent all instructions on how to remove it, hell I even paid one guys bill since he took it to best buy and they charged him to fix it. So why don't you all just drop it, I haven't ran the shit in a year and a half. :cool:

wizteen, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  14. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Read moron 3,000,000 pageviews throughout entire network not one site. :rolleyes:

wizteen, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  15. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Either way, you're still a twat..

If you were here I would kick the shit out of you for calling me a moron - It's easy to be a big guy the other side of a screen huh...

SEbasic, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    dct likes this.
  16. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just stating the ovious. ;)

wizteen, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  17. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmm....

Clearly - But weren't you the one who failed to read the TOS when joining an ad network...

I'd say that was pretty silly personally...

Also, you're the one who "forgot" about running something on your sites... :rolleyes:

Either way, I have nothing to prove here - you're the one who looks like a wanker... Not me. :)

SEbasic, Oct 14, 2005 IP
  18. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Stop putting down wankers, what have they ever done (well apart from the obvious).

This name calling is getting daft and it isn't going to get an account unbanned.

dct, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    SEbasic likes this.
  19. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Last time I looked at my ass it didn't appear dumb, matter of fact I had a good dump this morning whilst thinking of you.

Stop getting personal and chalk it up for learning...as it appears you have!!

Homer, Oct 14, 2005 IP
    SEbasic likes this.
  20. wizteen

wizteen Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly does anyone read that shit lol. Also when you own over 300 domains in which about 50 of them are active sites it gets overwelming. To top it off at the time I was attending highschool and playing 2 highschool sports. But it's nice to know I am making more then your sorry ass ever will. Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

wizteen, Oct 14, 2005 IP