1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbie question

Discussion in 'PHP' started by cru, Jul 5, 2007.

hi, im new to php.

1. im building an advertising site, where members can advertise for free, by submitting a form. i don't know how to start. are there module packages for this kind of site?

Im using xampp for my local server and currently reading a php book. I have basic knowledge in html. It just crossed my mind coz i realized how powerful php is to make modules like SMF or VBBulletin or phpBB forums.

TIA

cru, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  2. nico_swd

nico_swd Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look at www.hotscripts.com

You're not really explaining good what you want though. Advertise by submitting a form doesn't help.

nico_swd, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  3. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would recommend something like openads if you want a 3rd party solution.

ansi, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  4. cru

cru Peon

Best Answers:
    ok i will simplify. posting ads in ebay in our country is free. i would like to build a site like that, where members can fill up forms and advertise items for free.

i think what i need is a script where members can submit a form, and the contents of the form be featured as main content of my website.

cru, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  5. ecentricNick

ecentricNick Peon

Best Answers:
    Cru, just break down your task into small steps, and read up about each step in your book. Think about the process you want to achieve...

1) Display a form
    2) User fills out form and clicks submit
    3) A PHP script receives the information submitted in the form
    4) That script validates the information and either rejects it, or accepts it
    5) A connection is opened to the database
    6) The information is inserted into the database
    7) The user is probably redirected to another page which...
    8) ...connects to the database, retrieves all the ads, and displays them

You could get someone to tell you how to do it all, or give you examples, but you won't learn much unless you first get into the habbit of breaking down the task and trying to tackle each step in bits.

(Sorry if that last bit sounded patronising - let's call it general Newbie advise)

ecentricNick, Jul 6, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.