1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help With SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Xangular, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I started a web development firm a couple of months ago and have been very happy with the amount of customers I am getting. I am getting most of my customers through network marketing and forum advertising.

I want to expand to SEO but have done alot and got no results. I havent purchased but one link which was a PR4.

I see some people saying on the forum that they have thousands of backlinks. The truth is my company is doing good but not good enough to buy thousands of links.

I have paid some guy to submit my site to over 200,000 search engines and directories but I knew that was going to fail from the beggining. I have done alot of manual submission to directories.

Where does everyone get these astronomical amount of backlinks? Also, is anyone out there willing to help me with SEO. I dont have a large budget but I can pay you if you help.

Thanks.
    Tom Swanson
    http://www.xangular.com

Xangular, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  2. bornagaintrader

bornagaintrader Peon

Best Answers:
    You say you've done a lot with no results - what have you done? and what results are you hoping for?

As far as people saying they have thousands of links, often these may be the result of sitewide links. To get thousands of links from individual sites, you need 1) time 2) Something useful to offer

As far as submitting to loads of search engines, I'm sure you know by now that the main 3 SE's provide most of the traffic - so while it might appear to be useful I don't think it has any value.

So, back to the crux of your problem - what site are you trying to optimise and what are you trying to optimise it for? Will try and help

bornagaintrader, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  3. Xangular

Xangular Banned

Best Answers:
    THanks for the reply.

The site I am trying to optimize is http://www.xangular.com

I have submitted the site to a bunch of directories I have found here at DP but other than directories, I dont know what to do other than buy all these links.

Does purchasing all of the links here really boost your PR?

Is there a place to get high quality links for free?

Thanks.

Xangular, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  4. iMarketingGuru

iMarketingGuru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get them but it takes grunt work. Build links by getting on the blog rolls of high-impact sites (this can drive thousands of links to your site almost immediately/within a week at max), write blog comments, use automated tools, buy text link ads, buy link-building services (I've seen them for less than $2/link), get manual directory submission accomplished for you and just get involved in the communities. Other good ways to build links may be found in articles posted on mine (read the post above/check out Link Building 2.0 on my front page of iMarketingGuru.com) and other people's sites. There are MANY ways to build links but it's always obnoxious, you must become obsessed/be highly connected in order to build links quickly.

Forums are also pretty sweet for sig links, try the forums and blogs of .edus as well as .orgs and .govs. There are various resources for building links, just check around.

iMarketingGuru, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  5. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is your goal increasing your site's PR value? High rankings? More visitors? More leads?

Define your goals if you haven't done so and device a procedure on how these are measured so it will be easier to tell if submission to 200k search engines (you don't need to submit to 99.9% of them) works or not.

Not by mere asking for links and paying for them, but creating informative content. Your site is about web development and hosting. You can place articles on ASP.net coding, source code library, useful scripts, tips on picking the right web hosting solution, and so on.

I won't link to your site if I don't find its content interesting.

ewc21, Jul 5, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.