1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Concert photography website in need of development...

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by conley48, Jul 5, 2007.

Hey guys,

I have about 130 folders / 1.5 GB of concert photography from when I used to shoot shows in Philadelphia. I've been meaning to get these online for a long time.

I plan to buy a domain name for the website, and after that I'd need something developed. I'd like the site to have a list of bands and the ability for people to navigate through the photos. All the photos are in folders organized by band name, with some of the bands being represented more than once (so I would want it display 40 Below Summer #1, 40 Below Summer #2, etc.). I'd also like a spot where, if I wanted, I could write my thoughts on the particular show.

This is an example of something that I like - schwegweb.com/Images/photos/2007-06-16_the_fray/2007-06-16.html

However, I would prefer that clicking a thumbnail didn't just go to the JPG. I want two Google ads displayed under each individual enlarged photo.

Also, does anyone have any experience offering prints of photos through a website like Shutterfly?

conley48, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  2. dylanbathurst

dylanbathurst Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really want your own web site, then I would suggest a wordpress.com or drupal.com blog. They both have plugins for making a photo gallery. If you just want to put your photos on line and be able to print them and such, then I highly suggest flickr.com.

dylanbathurst, Jul 5, 2007 IP