1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

**How to add invisible links to websites for SEO

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by webgracesam, Jul 5, 2007.

i do work on some clients website..sometime i feel i can add a link to my website from theirs..
    i know its dangerous and google can ban..have any of u guys tried them?

any working techniques still available?

some say invisible text cloaking, 1px image linking..meta author linking..

wats the best?

webgracesam, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact that you even ask such a question is totally beyond my belief. :rolleyes:

Do yourself and your clients a favor, go take up a different career.

cormac, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  3. NITRO23456

NITRO23456 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how unprofessional of you!!

I am apalled that you do this because you are being paid to do a website, not install invisible links that can comprimise their site!

NITRO23456, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  4. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    Better to ask your clients, if for example you designed their site, if a small link, name or logo of yours can be put on the bottom of their page where their clients and visitors can see it. If your clients like your work they may do this. Examples are www.dole.com, where they simply name their design company on the bottom.

But someone using a search engine to look for something gets really pissed off if instead all they find is spam like invisible links. There's a reason why Google bans. Spam makes Google not work as well for searchers. Will someone click spam that's getting in the way of what they are looking for? No, they'll stop using Google.

Stomme poes, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  5. SUSH

SUSH Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Although it's best to ask your clients if you could put a link at the bottom, still if you need the HTML, try this:

<a href="" style="visibility: hidden;"> click here </a>

Remember that a "visible" link will bring direct traffic, and most of them might place their own orders with you.
    Bye :)

SUSH, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  6. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Asking your client is always a good idea and a better option. If they find your link on their site later on, they wouldn't trust you and you might loose them forever.

Even if they don't allow you to add your link in the footer (which will make it come on all pages), you can ask them to maybe include you link on the Contact Us or other page of their site, like sitemap.

rosiee007, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  7. Ginger Ninja

Ginger Ninja Guest

Best Answers:
    I am also dismayed that you would ask a question like this. You're attempting to add links in such a sneaky.sly way that I will not offer you any advice. Ever.

Ginger Ninja, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  8. Cloudberries

Cloudberries Peon

Best Answers:
    I think to begin with, you need to redefine your idea of what a "Client" is - It's someone who puts their trust in you to create their online identity. To do something like that suggests that trust may be misplaced.

All I can say is "Ask them if you can place a link on their site" - if they say "No", then you cannot and should not. Simple as that.

Cloudberries, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  9. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Actually, ignore all the great advice here and do these things:

1. Go to town on each site with invisible links. Do at least 1,000 on each page. Make sure the links are the same colour as the page so it blends in smoothly.
    2. do the same in footer sections as well
    3. Then let us know what the sites are, so we cna all click on the links.
    4. Then we will report your sites to Google and have your sites banned.
    5. Forget the last point. Not really...LOL :D

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  10. Ginger Ninja

Ginger Ninja Guest

Best Answers:
    ^ Gave me a LOL. :p

Ginger Ninja, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  11. Cloudberries

Cloudberries Peon

Best Answers:
    Also,

6. Think up a good excuse to tell your client when they find out about it

I recommend either "Hackers did it" or "Ghosts infected my computer and added in the mysterious hidden hyperlinks"

Cloudberries, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  12. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I tell people all the time that honesty is always the best policy - even when it hurts.

If you're so worried about a client "finding out" about the link to your site in their footer, then include it in your future contracts and be sure to point it out to the prospective client so they are aware of it and can request its removal if they are not comfortable. If they do ask for its removal, then ask them if a simple META tag (which isn't visible in the browser) is acceptable instead. If the prospective client agrees, then modify the contract to change the location of the link from the footer to the META tag, then have all parties involved initialize the change.

Granted, such a method won't have any SEO impact, but then again, SEO is usually the last thing on my mind anyway - I make sites for people, not search engines (though I do keep them in mind).

And for the record, I'm currently in the process of making a search engine site for a specialized niche, so I now have extra incentive to keep them in mind. :)

Dan Schulz, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  13. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not very professional. You would gamble your clients website.

Camay123, Jul 5, 2007 IP