1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is the biggest thief?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Oct 12, 2005.

1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reason your posting usually doesn't make any sense. ;)

gworld, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Why would anyone, other than the usual "suspects," give credence to an op-ed piece from "Third World Network?" I supposed I could do some searching around on this "author" to establish his "angle."

Doing some research:

google: "kept the key to the room in his backpack, left on his desk when he went for lunch."

Only two google references, both pointing to different sites with the same op-ed piece.

google: Harriman "Iraqi hospital administrator"
    Interesting sources these are showing up on, to say the least. Try the same phrase above on google news.

google news: Harriman Iraq
    Zilch?

google news: "430 million" Iraq
    zilch

google news: "Finance Minister Ali Allawi" iraq billion
    Results. http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Security&loid=8.0.217304365&par=0
    Shows Iraq has issued 27 arrest warrants.

Lots of op-ed speculation.

Interesting that gworld is suddenly interested in "oil vouchers" and "oil for food" program. Didn't think I'd ever see that :rolleyes:

GTech, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Your usual tactics, instead of admitting to the facts try to discredit the source, the writer or the one who post it. :rolleyes:

Parliament failed to reach a quorum earlier this week when it met to try to strip former Defense Minister Hazem Shaalan of immunity from prosecution over the alleged disappearance or misappropriation of $1 billion in military procurement funds.

MSNBC - today

Iraq: the missing billions /23.10.03
    A staggering US$4 billion in oil revenues and other Iraqi funds earmarked for the reconstruction of the country has disappeared into opaque bank accounts administered by the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA), the US-controlled body that rules Iraq. By the end of the year, if nothing changes in the way this cash is accounted for, that figure will double.
    • Iraq: the missing billions - Transition and transparency in post-war Iraq

The financial black hole, uncovered by a Christian Aid investigation, is revealed as delegates gather for the donors' conference in Madrid. Before pledging money from their own countries' coffers to boost the reconstruction efforts, as requested by the US and UK governments, these delegates should first demand: 'What has happened to the missing billions?'

Christian Aid

At the end of the Iraq war, vast sums of money were made available to the US-led provisional authorities, headed by Paul Bremer, to spend on rebuilding the country. By the time Bremer left the post eight months later, $8.8bn of that money had disappeared. Ed Harriman on the extraordinary scandal of Iraq's missing billions

Guardian - UK newspaper

"Huge amounts of money have disappeared," Iraqi Finance Minister Ali Allawi said. "In return we got nothing but scraps of metal. It is possibly one of the largest thefts in history."

World Tribune

Biggest theft in history from Iraqi funds

The Indian Express

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (IPS) - Three U.S. senators have called on Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to account for 8.8 billion dollars entrusted to the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) in Iraq earlier this year but now gone missing.

Inter Press Service News Agency

Knight Ridder said that in some cases contracts had been signed on scrap pieces of paper with unnamed intermediaries and that it was not always clear what products were supposed to be supplied for the vast sums of money quoted.
    The Independent said that one contract involved purchasing armored cars that were so poorly made that their armor could be pierced by a single shot from an AK-47 assault rifle.

CNN

Are these enough sources or do you need more? There is much more sources that I can provide. :rolleyes:

It is also interesting that you choose Google news to search instead of Google. Search of Harriman "Iraqi hospital administrator" in Google returns 577 results and the search Harriman Iraq returns 128,000 results.
    I suppose asking a honest response from a Bush supporter is just asking for too much.

gworld, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

Best Answers:
    I suppose asking an anti-American Bush hater to actually read what I posted is asking for too much. For the particular search in question, I chose both google news and noted the "interesting" sources for google by itself.

Still have you on my list for a reading comprehension course for Christmas. ;)

As I noted, all lacking.

GTech, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  5. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    So???? I don't care if I look like Bozo the clown. You still don't answer my points, and that is what is important.

Why do you attack character even after it is pointed out that it is admiting you don't have an arguement when you do?

Call me any names you wish, make any slanders, anything, because the truth is the truth, and whatever anyone says, I am who I am, and the world is the world.

It is a sign of caring to be honest with people. We ask each other about our websites, and we help each other by being honest. If there is something wrong, we want to know or else we can lose business.

It is the most important thing in life, being honest - especially when something is wrong. If my brother is doing something that makes him look stupid, I will tell him, because he won't be able to fix it unless he knows.

It is an act of hate to pretend that nothing is wrong when something really is wrong. Bush is a childish punk who has temper tantrums when he hears something he doesn't like, and his aides and staff are afraid to be honest with him because he throws a fit on them.

Tell me, zman, do you think it is a good idea to ignore facts? Is it proper to pretend that nothing is wrong, when you are getting damaged by events and opinions? Should we just tell each other that our websites are perfect all the time? If your hair is messy, or there is a spill on your tie, do you think anyone should tell us? Or do you think that we shouldn't be told, because it might make us upset?

Okay, I am a snivelling busybody, not even an American, I am a blowhard know-it-all monkey. But what about my question. Is it good to be honest, and face reality.

mikmik, Oct 12, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "interesting" sources? Do you mean MSNBC, CNN or Guardian are terrorist organizations? May be you think that the 3 US senators that questioned Rumsfeld are terrorists? :rolleyes:

gworld, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  7. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah we know. ;)

zman, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You still haven't answered the question that is the topic of this thread. What do you think about American government employees and military stealing money that belongs to Iraq's people?
    If these are people charged with crimes, should the court be in USA or should they be send to Iraq to face the charges there since the crime was committed in that country?

gworld, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  9. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Corruption happens gworld, look to your own Liberal Party embezzeling money from your government. The people should be tried in Iraq, they broke the law in Iraq and should pay the consequences, but, your approach is very harsh, you make it sound like that because of a few that all of America is corrupt , which if you believe that, get yourself a tinfoil hat so your brains are not erased by the radio waves. All I am ever saying is, think for yourself, you are reading news on "The Third World Network" <sarcasm> No biased reporting there or anything.</sarcasm>

palespyder, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that corruption can be anywhere but what should we do about it? Should we punish those who are corrupt or do we only punish the corruption of our enemies and forgive the corruption of our friends?
    I think the corruption should be punished independent of if it is in UN, American administration in Iraq or Liberal party in Canada.

What I don't agree with is the same people (Gtech, Zamn,..) who are so upset about UN corruption, have no problem with closing their eyes when it is about Americans in Iraq. I never said that all Americans are corrupt, the same way that not everybody in UN is corrupt but there are corrupt UN officials and there are corrupt American officials.

No one can deny that large some of money in billions have disappeared during the time that Paul Bremer was the American pro consul in Iraq and led the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA), so should these people be hold accountable for the corruptions and theft or should we ignore it because they are American and work for Bush administration?

P.S. You can find the same informtion in MSNBC, CNN, Washington Post, Guardian,...., do you think these these are third world network too?

gworld, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  11. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Dude, I will almost guarentee that neither of these people would be against stringing up a corrupt official, let their bodies rot in the streets of Bagdhad for all to see for all I care. But, I think there may be more to this story then we currently have information for. They are saying that it is 27 officials from the interim government on the BBC, no mention of american except it is being called "The American Backed" Interim Government, but, who is to say that it's not all Iraqi's who have embezzeled the money. I am not trying to protect anyone, just stating an opinion, If there are American's involved, they should stand trial in Iraq for crimes committed there.

12. GTech

Best Answers:
    Standing firm and ready to dish out punishments? Where were you on UN corruption? Where were you when over 270 influential businessmen and world leaders were bought out with oil vouchers? You were dead silent, always, that's where!

You mean the same way you closed your eyes to UN oil for food corruption and they way our (not your) allies were bought out with oil vouchers? Oh, I know, the money was used to buy mouthwash and hair dye so al qaida could provide humanitarian relief to Jordan :rolleyes:

Do we convict them and send them to firing squad because people worked for an administration? Listening to your advice, it sure seems so. How about the Iraqis take care of an Iraqi problem, like they are by issuing arrest warrants and working with interpol? How about if you pretend it was al qaida in Jordan and they were simply delivering mouthwash and hair dye? I'm laughing all the way to the bank on this one! Poor gword is ready to defend a terrorist to the last stand and give the UN and world leaders a pass on corruption, but when it happens with Iraqis, he's ready to pounce. Let those who are responsible for any thefts be dealt with appropriately.

Did you use "Third World Network?" Yes, you did. You can also find information on UN corruption and oil vouchers. You can find a recent letter from zarwahiri to zarqawi where in affect he says "hey big man, let a brutha hold a dollar...a hundred thousand of them." :D

GTech, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How about simply convicting those guilty on both sides and leave it at that ;)

GRIM, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  14. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read. Big ups to GTech

15. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Today is my b-day folks so I wont be around much. Sorry.

zman, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did anyone in this thread talked about firing squad or terrorism?:confused:

But it doesn't stop Gtech from his usual rant to cover up any mistake or corruption that is committed bu Bush administration. :rolleyes:

World according to Gtech:

State sponsored terrorism is bad.
    USA sponsored terrorism is good.

UN corruption is bad.
    American administration corruption is good.

Bombing and killing people is bad.
    Bombing and killing people by USA is good.

Torture and war crimes are bad.
    Torture and war crimes by USA are good.

gworld, Oct 13, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob and Hodgedup like this.
  17. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:

I give you the Autorantic Virtual Moonbat (just like talking to a liberal) :cool:

zman, Oct 13, 2005 IP