1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Went from 50/day to 750/day still looking for advice and analysis

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BLieve, Jul 4, 2007.

Since the 25th of June my site has been getting about 750 visitors a day. That is up from the average of 50 a day since it started on June 1st. Problem is I am averaging only about 1 to 2 page views per visit. If this was a blog, I would be thrilled but it is not so I am really disappointed right now. I rather have 250 visitors and the same number of page views than 750.

Can anyone give me advice and possibly break down what I am doing wrong? My forum is nearly empty and the articles arent getting any comments. I do most my marketing thru myspace bulletins and comments. I try to comment others on blogger and leave signatures on forums but it is so tedious.

I just realized my title could have been quite misleading. Tried to edit it but couldnt so sorry

BLieve, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  2. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to analysis where your traffic is coming from and you may find your answer.

If its mostly coming from an advert from Myspace or somewhere like Stumble upon then the traffic maybe very loose browsers looking to pass the time.

If its from search engines, what search term .. if its mostly one that isn't really reflected well by your landing page article then you have your reason.

My only advice is to try and make the landing pages worthy of action from your visitors.

xenyo, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    BLieve likes this.
  3. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The sudden rise of traffic shows that you are getting traffic from social bookmarking sites or other sites, ad you mentioned like blogs and forums where you leave comments. What you need to do for the forum is to start interesting threads in it. Hire some forum posters to do that for you.

Traffic from social bookmarks and other forums is less converting. The real traffic that you can have is from the Search Engines who come to your site by searching something they were looking for.

As you mentioned above, 'My forum is nearly empty', you have to get more content and activity there. Leaving links on other websites and forums will help in link building but will not encourage users to sign up. You really have to plan some strategy to get the thing rolling, by getting people to sign up there and posting.

rosiee007, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    BLieve likes this.
  4. BLieve

BLieve Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea it seems like I have a lot of bored ppl looking at my site. I catch their attention but cant suck them in and seal the deal. Thanks for the feedback, rep added

BLieve, Jul 5, 2007 IP