1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Link Building Secrets !

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by priyakochin, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This answer just goes without saying, which I guess is why I went without saying it before, but then, you'd be amazed at how many people actually overlook it... likely due to no one saying it. So here I go...

Really good, unique content!

While you'll likely need more then just that, that is the true secret. If you have crappy content that's listed on 1000 other pages then you'll need to work 10 times as hard to build your linking network. If you have fantastic content, then well over half of your link building is done. Just get the word out and people will gladly help you link to your site for free.

But again, they will only help if what you offer is actually worthy of being linked too.
    Q

Qryztufre, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  2. Eli B

Eli B Peon

Best Answers:
    It goes without saying, because many thousands of people before you have said that. And it's simply common sense, who wants to link to a site with absolutely no content or just crap content? :)

Eli B, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Look at the thousands that have have 'gone without saying it' and look at their pages. You may notice that in many cases it was not said because it did not happen. And as for who would want to link to crappy or no content pages, those that own those pages of course.

So I thought I'd mention it, as many people do not have the common sense to actually start with such content.

4. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I search for my main keywords and then drop the links where ever possible from the competitors ;)

Nick_Mayhem, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  5. affnice

affnice Peon

Best Answers:
    signature forum, directory, articles, one way link / triangle link

affnice, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  6. greyfurt

greyfurt Active Member

Best Answers:
    article submission
    directory submiss
    bla bla

greyfurt, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  7. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    My best working link building secret:
    - provide value and get quality backlinks.

zexy, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  8. godboko71

godboko71 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess I submit to the wrong directories because they don't ever seem to help me. I mainly do article submissions, social bookmarking, link exchanges, and forum signatures.

My content and service related sites work best with these methods, media based sites tend to do better with all matter of social linking be it Myspace, stumbleUpon or what have you.

godboko71, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  9. Sportscapper Island

Sportscapper Island Peon

Best Answers:
    Comments on blogs and links in forums are spam. Article submissions are dumb, mind as well post it on your own site, create content and interlink.

Sportscapper Island, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  10. Sportscapper Island

Sportscapper Island Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing is putting up a new URL to start a blog. Thats insane. Better get links to that blog, because the value of the links you put on your blog to your website will be none to very minimal. Mind as well create that content and get lnks to your original site thats worth a damn.

Sportscapper Island, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    If done correctly they are not spam. You can join a forum or post on a blog with relevant information which helps the community you are posting at, which in turn can help you.

Granted, if done to only get a link out, then it can often be considered spam by all involved.

If you'd like to know how to successfully "spam" forums to where it will not look like spam then check THIS article out.

If done incorrectly I fully agree.

It's best to do both...

Write a GREAT article and post it on your own site. This created unique content and is one of the best ways to get links and good SERP. However, once you'd posted the article on your own site, then break it down into smaller articles, or rewrite it. Then take those smaller or rewritten ones and submit them to article hosts (just don't forget the links back to your site).

12. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Any problem with reciprocal links ?

priyakochin, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  13. sniperx

sniperx Banned

Best Answers:
    directory submittion
    article submittion
    one way linking
    blog comments
    sig

sniperx, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  14. Sportscapper Island

Sportscapper Island Peon

Best Answers:
    Tons of quality and useful content pages on your niche and great internal linking. Look at the Wikipedia site for an example :eek:

Keep on consistently adding content and keep on interlinking to relevant pages of your site within your content.

Make RSS feeds for all of your content and distribute them everywhere you can to RSS sites, Squidoo and Hubpages.

Submit all of your content to all of the social bookmarking sites.

Then submit to the highest quality of directories. Don't bother with the rest. One Yahoo, DMOZ and a few that are just under them should be fine.

I'm sick of hearing all of this spam blogs and forums to get cheap links. You should post in a forum because you enjoy it and you get something out of it, not act like you do to schill your sites. Just my opinion. I know sites like digitalpoint and sitepoint thast is kind of the purpose, but on other sites it's just blantant spam IMO.

Work hard on your sites, invest wisely and over time you'll get close to where you want to be :)

Sportscapper Island, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  15. fefifofum

fefifofum Peon

Best Answers:
    I get quite a few requests from people who want a triangle link. They ask for a link on my site to their related site and offer me a link on a totally crap site :eek: Needless to say I just ignore them.

fefifofum, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  16. Zohaib

Zohaib Guest

Best Answers:
    Some great secrets here at this thread. Keep them coming. Thanks to everyone for sharing there precious secrets.

Zohaib, Jul 8, 2007 IP
  17. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Few days back I got another tip !

Just write a tutorial related to ur site and submit it to some great forums.Add reference link as ur own site !

priyakochin, Jul 8, 2007 IP