1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point-The Right Thing at the wrong placeHow DigitalPoint Could Make 100% more

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by patswald, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I think really it was. Agree. I will give you a simple reason. I think 1 in 100 people who come here are the ones who click adsense ads. Pple who know about adsense never click on them. Sure! lol, funny but its the truth! So where do the clicks and the money he makes come from? Visitors. Very few members ever ever dare look at google adsense-
    Solution.
    If the website or forum whatever was about cars, food, or even any other topic where members are not webmasters, i think there would be 100% increase in revenue, think about it, google has listed a 16 year old in its success story for adsense. am sure he has succeeded coz he has known who to target. what do u think..isnt DP jus a Blunder..right thingy at the wrong place????

Be of help and contribute to this thread. it will help people identify niches for their adsense websites.thanks.

patswald, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    it career and HostProxies.com like this.
  2. djrishi

djrishi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, i agree with you. its forum formed by webmasters. getting a click is really a costly affair.

djrishi, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  3. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    The forums of DP were never meant to make money, money is coming from his business.

But yeah, off course you would make more money if you targeted other people, but there is no target here, just a forum for fellow webmasters that got outta control.

tfbpa, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  4. patswald

patswald Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you too. what are some niches would you advice for a forum basically for adsense?

patswald, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  5. sweet_user

sweet_user Peon

Best Answers:
    ya i too need some good pying niches can any one suggest

sweet_user, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  6. InFlames

InFlames Peon

Best Answers:
    This is true webmasters know about adsense, but like the sigs in posts, we click them if it interests us. See the thread here :
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=381876

I suppose niches for forums with adsense should be the same that niches for websites. It is always about the high paying keywords but also traffic, and optimization.

InFlames, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are tons of newbies, an many new ones everyday.

qwestcommunications, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  8. patswald

patswald Peon

Best Answers:
    check something here though tis not complete bit might give you an idea of what we are taling about better niches basically for forums.

www.index.megaforumup.com

patswald, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  9. patswald

patswald Peon

Best Answers:
    there are pple here who are really good webmasters. plzz contribute and tell us of good niches out there.

patswald, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  10. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    what have you baised your argument on? Here are some things to think about.

Digg is said to give really poor traffic to thoes who get dugg, but Kevin Rose google account gets $250,000 a month, so if all thoes users dont click ads wheres the money coming from?

DigitalPoint forums makes Shawn $10,000 a month which was reported several months ago (if not over a year and a half ago!) in the NYT. I am sure hes making a lot more now, yet nobody clicks right?

Well heres the user count:

he has 3 times more guests than users, so there we go. Well no not quite, lets say worst case its a dig communitiy and nobody clicks...

How many impressions per day does DP do? I dont know, lets say hes still at $300/day. And lets say nobody clicks. Hmm... what could it be? Oh.. I know CPM advertising!

So, at $1/1000 from CPM (which would be reasonable), would mean he needs 300,000 impressions at $1/1000 impressions. Thats everybody online does 7-10 pages per visit(which is pretty low for forums!). (this is a feasable amount as I am going by my own figures on my own forums).

So, people will click, espically guests, where they see 2 ad blocks after the first post. Which will only increase earnings.

I think calling "isnt DP jus a Blunder" a bit of jelousy, at the end of the day hes making at least $120,000/year turnover from DP.. not a bad bit of change for something you do as a hobby.

Pierce

Pierce, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  11. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    hey webmasters are much smart and they know how to earn for themselves and for the place that makes them together!

totalmasala, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  12. patswald

patswald Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree. i just think a dfft niche would fetch more. better advice than dismiss my opinion. or wht do you think?

patswald, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  13. zehlendorf

zehlendorf Member

Best Answers:
    One positive thing is that you gain impressions, which I've heard will help your Alexa ranking and also Google throws in a few cents here and there for impressions. But the main advantage here is to learn and share info with fellow webmasters.

zehlendorf, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    JoyGoRound likes this.
  14. xxKillswitch

xxKillswitch Peon

Best Answers:
    Sites like this are better left not relying on ad revenue, but it would probably do incredibly well if they took donations (don't know if they do or not). Ofcoarse, they could do like SitePoint and charge to start business related threads, but I think that's another reason why DP is so popular.

xxKillswitch, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  15. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still stupid and click on the ads. What is Adsense? :D

---

I kinda agree with you, but think of all the new webmasters coming, at first I came here I had no idea you could make $$$ of sites.

Ratman2050, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  16. odin93

odin93 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the impressions really make a difference, and i dont think no people click on ads. Usually if i see an interesting ad i click it. I have clicked probably around 20-30 time at my existence at this forum. So he still gets lots of clicks.

odin93, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  17. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    No seriously, this is Shawn's forum, he's the owner and it's for him to decide how to run his forum. And therefore I think it's a stupid discussion.

Don't stick your nose into someone else's wallet.

Katy, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  18. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i agree. webmasters rarely click on adsense ads, as they know they lead to high quality sites....

mikey1090, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  19. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DP has ran donation campaigns before to raise money for new server hardware and such.

ForgottenCreature, Jul 9, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.