1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Planning to make a directory submission tool

Discussion in 'Directories' started by uttoransen, Jul 4, 2007.

Am planning to make a free directory submission tool, with two modes automatic for non-captcha directories, and manual for captcha ones!!

on-site tool, where directory pages will open in the browser, nothing to install, also it will be absolutely free!!

am planning to run this free thing on donation, i mean absolutely no profit stuff to just help the webmasters!! doners will get a homepage link to there sites, sort of a highest doners will top the list thing!

I have asked my technical team, and they told me that it is possible!!

please give me your suggestions, ideas! thanks!:)

uttoransen, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    kiviniar and Brennan like this.
  2. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    suggestion..

when opening firefox, it will ask for the site details like title url description email and name then when you click enter it will open 200 directories at a time in their /submit.php page and it will auto fill the form using the supplied information..

thanks!

ichigo, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  3. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would be really cool, maybe an option to submit to your own list of directories because some people like to submit to certain directories, maybe you could create an account system as well so you could log the websites you have submitted to and then the option to export that list to excel which can be given to client, keep us posted :)

Brennan, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  4. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, automatic is automatic!! you will have to fill the details only once, and it will run on it's own! i guess 200 directories at a time will crash most people's firefox and there OS! better go one by one!!
    My auto plan is absolutely perfect, that part i have confermed with my programer, no problems there:)
    your suggestion is pretty nice! but that would deponds on the donations that will be comming, as this part is going to need a huge budjet!
    yes i know, some people will like to submit to there set of directories, good idea, login part is there for sure! but then a coustom list will not be easy! but it is possible! deponds on the $$$ actually!
    i have a donation button setup on my blog! http://sitefunda.com
    For this tool, i will get a new domain! but then since it is going to give too many php/mysql query, i don't think godaddy etc will accept it! I have talked about it with my friend who has a hosting company, looks like he may agree on giving some good ammount of space!! let's see:)

5. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    :)Arent there already lots of these tools out there? What will make yours stand out better than these, I don't use the others but if yours is to be as good as it sounds I'll be supporting you. :)

The Pheonix, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  6. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I meant to say that as well theres lots of them out there, but I will support you :)

Brennan, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    i don't know about the others, i have tried a few, and they were all paid, or demo which did not helped much! also they asked to install there software, not easy!!
    my tool is going to be free, absolutely free, and is going to be run on donations! no profit motive!!

My intentions are to help the webmasters in submitting directories, thanks for your support!:)

8. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    perhaps if it used AJAX to submit the data all in one HTML page. The response text of the server can be displayed.

Its how insurance SEs like confused.com work

mikey1090, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  9. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    no idea about ajax! i will go with php!! anyways, thanks!:)

10. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, you have my support as well

Will give you free exposure once it is ready and 15$ on the way

So do i use the donation button here : http://sitefunda.com/

kiviniar, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen and Brennan like this.
  11. Greg Carnegie

Greg Carnegie Peon

Best Answers:
    Ajax can be used with PHP, and i thnik it is a great idea.

Greg Carnegie, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  12. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice one, I'm all for the free stuff which is why I'm such a fanatic of phpLynx giving away so much. Don't think you don't deserve contributions though as you do need help with development. Good on you, I wish you the very best of luck. :)

The Pheonix, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  13. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I stoped dreaming of such wonder tools that make the submissions like human does them manual

The only solution manual + informenter :)

w3bmaster, Jul 4, 2007 IP
    uttoransen likes this.
  14. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Auto Submitters don't do anything to help directory owners :-(

They just increase your spam and since no human visits your site they are frowned upon. Digixmax already has a really good one and you can use it to submit to many sites for free.

If you can build a better one then you will soon have to charge for it because it will eat up lots of resources and no one operates a business at a loss.

jg123, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  15. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    I am having a simple doubt !
    If ur sending the details to +200 and they are opening in one browser (as tags) it can crash !

And another how will u select category ?
    It seems that each directory have its own directory arangement.

I support manual submission !

priyakochin, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  16. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    yes, please use it! once i have enough donations, i will buy the space and domain, i have already talked to be friends and he is ready, he is also giving me discounts, so i guess everyone is happy with this plan!!
    once i get the domain and space ready i will post your name and url on the donations page[probably home page], also pm me your anchor text, link, and descreption, thanks,

yes my plan is to run it on donations only, i don't want to run it for profit!

it will be better than manual, this tool will make you dream again!:)

so, you are the first critique:p!! anyways! am not doing this for profit, and i can run it on loss as far as i can! i guess with the help of you all, we will soon have the best and free option available!
    All deponds on your donations! i will try my best!:)

EDIT:
    Missed you!
    no, not all 200 will open together! it will be one by one!!
    category selection is all planned, my expert has the solution!! no problem there,
    you will have both manual and auto options!!
    but then auto will work, my technical team will make it! auto will work better than the manual!

17. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of many folks trying to run sites on donations and not many succeed. The people that use the site are using a free tool to submit to free directories, so I seriously doubt donations will carry the project very far.

Anyways I don't want to be too negative, just stating the obvious pitfalls and as a directory owner I have a love/hate relationship with auto submitters because I have used them before to pick up a few links to help get a new blog indexed, but I have also seen them play havoc with free directories.

I will eagerly await your launch of this new site and will give it a spin :)

good luck

jg123, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  18. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    thanks! i know the auto submissions don't help the free directories much! but then i can't really help much on that, all i can do is, if this project runs good, then i may prefer paying the free directories owners money to list there directories here! though it won't be easy! and again it deponds on the donations!

i can manage the hosting etc stuff at cheap rates, so i don't really see the project dropping because of money, the worst care senario is i may face bandwidth problems, which may take the site off line for some time! but this is not going to happen anytime soon! and if the budjet grows a bit further i may manage that aswell!!

not going with the godaddy etc, as it is going to take too much cpu/ram, my friend's hosting is a better option!:)

19. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sent u 15$, hope that gets u started

Confirmation Number: 8UR92150VN5975636

If you do linkback, please link to: Directory Trials :)

kiviniar, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  20. uttoransen

Best Answers:
    payment recived! first donation! i will also post it on the blog sitefunda soon[may be tomorrow morning], i want this project started as soon as possible!!
    thanks, and keep those comming:)

The Pheonix likes this.