1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG LLLL.com - very pronounceable, no undesireable charachters, +rep for appraisal

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by odin93, Jul 1, 2007.

Well here is my llll.com that i still cant beleive i registered it it gvuj. how much do you think i can get for it? please and thanks, and rep for all answers :eek: .

actually could you appraise my llll.com portfolio

gvuj
    wzeo
    egzr
    ekzr

odin93, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  2. Arson

Arson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure. Probably low $xx. Its not "Very Pronouncable" I guess it is a little, but not very.

Arson, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, I would put it at $20.

Sorry but it is not pronounceable. Many people claim that, I don't think they understand what it means. Gvuj is does not roll of the tongue, at least in english - in fact, it is an awkward grouping of letters and is very hard to pronounce.

browntwn, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  4. odin93

odin93 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok thanks for the appraisals.

odin93, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  5. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Ditto. Development is your only shot at getting a full tank of gas out of it.

hmansfield, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  6. Freshfroot

Freshfroot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    waste of time domains.. no offence. Mabye if you can develop them, but otherwise I wouldn't pay anything but REG free. Try developing them and see what happens.

Good luck mate.

Freshfroot, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  7. anions

anions Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the person above me.
    If it's not developed, its not worth anything more than registeration free, Atleast for this year, its not.

All the best with them.:)

anions, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  8. odin93

odin93 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ye, exactlly this year maybe, but then once they all get bought out i think one will be worth atleast $50 if not $100.

odin93, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  9. Freshfroot

Freshfroot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they won't get bought out for a few years still... 4 char is NOT in demand yet and won't be for awhile..

Freshfroot, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  10. HostProxies.com

HostProxies.com Banned

Best Answers:
    yea for sure reg fee for all

HostProxies.com, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  11. lipps46

lipps46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the only real 4 letter .coms that are doing well are the premium letters, sequential letters and repeating letters. Hold on to them for now.

We are in a low buy time for domains. This is normal
    Summer is always less. There will be a sudden rise in domain purchases around Sept and Oct but then Christmas and the Holidays hit.
    Around US Tax time you will see another surge.
    Mid to late next year you should see a surge in increase in IDN sales as the advertisers realize that now users can type domain names in in their own languages.
    So smart thing to do would be to stick it out for 2 years from now. Once the IDN thing settles and people come back to the dot coms you will see a substantial rise in resell value.
    Just My Opinion.

lipps46, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 likes this.
  12. Gomeza

Gomeza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When there is a prevailing school of thought in any speculative market, especially pertaining to what the future will hold, quite often the expected market conditions never materialize. The current state of the speculative market for 4 letter domain names is that registrations are outpacing drops but this can be deceiving. Right now there is an artificial demand being created by persons entering the domain name speculation market which is akin to a goldrush. There are vast inventories of 4 letter domain names being held by countless speculative dreamers that will not ever see the light of payday.

Where it cannot be argued that 4 letter domain names will inevitably become as unavailable as 3 letter domain names, the undesirable 4 letter names have a long, long way to go before the inventories of both what is available now and what is being held by speculators is exhausted. If you are holding a 4 letter domain name containing any or all of the undesirable letters JQVXYZKUW . . . its rise in value will be slow and cannot necessarily be predicted in months or years. The difference between the 4 letters and the 3 letter inventory exhaustion of the past is that 5 letter, 6 letter and 7 letter domains incorporating short words, acronyms or desirable letters will have to see at least some inventory exhaustion before undesirable 4 letters see the rise in value that everyone is predicting.

My guess is 5-7 years, not 1-2 as most people are saying (they've been saying this for 3 years now). Therefore if you are holding a few of them, count on paying the reg fees for a little longer than what people are saying.

Having said all of this, artificially created markets have opportunities. There are lots of people in cybor land that think any old 4 letter domain name will become gold.

The names you are holding are not much different than what can be picked up for reg fee currently.

Gomeza, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    odin93 and anions like this.
  13. lipps46

lipps46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gomez,
    I think that is one of the most thought out and well put post I have read in a long time.
    I must say that it does provoke some good thought.
    Well done.

lipps46, Jul 2, 2007 IP