1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iTrader would work better if DP Users were not afraid to give negative ratings

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CanadianEh, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's true I am a bit shy too. It took me a month or two to give this guy a negative.

Ratman2050, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  2. WagerX

WagerX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lets get back to the "lifetime" PR5 link. Regardless of if he got a good deal, he (or she) still thought it was a lifetime link. It's reasonable to think that "lifetime" would mean a long time. Is seven months considered to be "lifetime". In my opinion no.

So what would be considered a reasonable period of time for a "lifetime" link?

WagerX, Jul 1, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. Stevie

Stevie Guest

Best Answers:
    True, you would most likely end up with negative feedback too, however, isn't it better that you leave negative feedback and warn other members?

It is pointless trying to preserve perfect iTrader on here, as already shown in this thread, you will eventually get negative feedback even if you deserve it or not.

So, in my opinion, members shouldn't duck these people being afraid of retribution, instead, these people need exposing so that they'll hopefully be banned.

Stevie, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  4. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It would be great if there was a way for the person being rated to make a comment on the rating. You can do this on ebay and it is helpful if you end up straightening things out or want to explain some of the details of the negative iTrader.

jg123, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

You can dude, :)

You can comment back and fourth forever if you wanted, and each user can do so

Hope that helps

sundaybrew, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  6. delta4

delta4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    then don´t say lifetime. people expect that. say it is as long as site is active or something...

delta4, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Looks like I missed some fun while I was on vacation.

I wrote this thread to discuss the greater issue of negative rating retaliation but since you brought up your side here are some facts that you left out.

I wasn’t checking my links closely at the time. I checked the links 3 months after purchasing the lifetime link and one was missing. You replied that you were “redesigning the site” and would replace it. ;) Four months later both the links were gone. They had been missing for at least 2 weeks, but likely much longer since it hadn’t been check for many months.

We corresponded many times and is attitude was always “its not my fault!”. He had multiple chances but never offered me a partial refund or a link elsewhere. I have purchased thousands of links. I have let many similar situations drop. The difference here was that made me give my first negative was his atttitude and that he gave me the impression that he routinely sells links with vague plans to honor them.

His Paypal account is “unable to accept funds”. I wonder why.

So now, he has my $50 and on iTrader he calls me:
    Biggest SCAMMER ON DP!!!!! He had links for long time , Crook, Theif!!​

CanadianEh, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  8. vahsi000

vahsi000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if it would help if one person leaves a negative iTrader to a person, he or she in return can't leave a negative iTrader to get revenge.

I myself hesitate on leaving negative iTrader in the fear of getting negative iTrader myself, especially since i have a low iTrader I would look like a person who is untrustable.

I know the solution is to get more iTrader, still it's daunting.

vahsi000, Jul 11, 2007 IP