1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I get Back into Google SERPs

Discussion in 'Google' started by Eric.Cho, Jun 27, 2007.

1. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think you must from one week to one month , your site will get back. in my opinion, it's a temp. problem

trichnosis, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A good strategy oflinkbuilding will get you back and consolidate your position

w3bmaster, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:
    Appreciate all the responses. Thank you everyone.

The thing is, I know its not in the "sandbox" cause the sites has been up since 2000.....a 6.5 year old site.

and yes it is because of the backlinks that this has happened. It was a sudden boost of backlinks in a matter of a few days. All totally irrelevant links.

I wasnt really after responses like "get more quality links, build more content...etc" cause we all know that anyway.

I am wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, I got back into the SERPs.

It appears to me that our site has triggered the -950 penalty from google. Any similar experiences please reply.

Please dont say "get more quality links, get more quality content...."

Eric.Cho, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  4. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    If it's an old site, it seems there has been some changes recently the way google treats old sites - Were you updating that site regularly or there have been very few changes to the site content?

onedollar, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  5. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is nothing to worry about. When a site either recieve a lot of new links, or put out a lot of new homepage content, your google ranking shakes up a bit, but usually is back to normal within a week.

I never experienced temporarily losing rankings due to gaining a lot of links, but my friend have. I have experienced though after I created a lot of new content, my google rankings sunk a little, but rose back to normal in about a week.

windtalker, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  6. alvis

alvis Peon

Best Answers:
    if you want to increase uniques visitors forum postings can be helpful. social media optimization is another techinque you can use.

alvis, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  7. seomax

seomax Banned

Best Answers:
    Link building is the key friend

seomax, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  8. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:

Theres been very few changes to the site. So the sudden boost of signature links was the only off-page optimization change. Theres been no changes to the actual site.

Eric.Cho, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  9. Eric.Cho

Eric.Cho Guest

Best Answers:
    Its been 3 weeks and I know it wont be back to normal.

Has anyone ever had the -950 google penalty applied? Cause that's whats happened. There're the answers Im after.

Eric.Cho, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  10. rparker

rparker Peon

Best Answers:
    Eric,
    Recently I did the same thing to myself for one of my sites too. It would seem that google is much more sensitive nowadays about "unnatural" link patterns as I learned from google bowling my own site. It took me exactly 2 months to get back to the serps that I had previously. When the site got back it also started ranking for many more keywords too.

Basically what I did was sit on it for a while. I didn't build any links to my homepage rather built links pointing to the inner pages of my site to balance things out. I also started writing few new paragraphs here and there giving the new content thing a go.

Ultimately I think google is suspicious about your new links and as such has given you a bit of a penalty. The absolute worst thing that could happen now is if you get the links removed. I recommend just sitting on it for a while until google trusts the links and you'll be back in no problem.

rparker, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  11. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Try to get a few authority backlinks from related sites.

zexy, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  12. 12washington

12washington Peon

Best Answers:
    I just bought about 8 links from real authority sites. I am now suffering 950 penalty. Should I remove those links or keep them? Will the ban go away? If so, how soon?

12washington, Jul 14, 2007 IP
  13. 12washington

12washington Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like my site just came back after 10 hours of posting this message. I guess it was just an algo tweak that caused the shakeup.

12washington, Jul 14, 2007 IP