1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Operation Iranian Freedom

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by latehorn, Oct 5, 2005.

1. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Well as long as they haven't improved them, wich we don't know.

*There are no proofs* LOL

latehorn, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  2. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Aww, I'm gonna tell the principle on you :D

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I posted a link before, but here it is again to a previous post I had made. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=360170&postcount=92
    It doesn't matter who else is going after Iran at the moment, I am stating what I've heard the US government state or officials from the US government from what I've read of what happened in the past. The article I posted may not be factual, I however have read other articles with much of the same information, show me it's wrong otherwise I will continue to believe that point.

Nope I know the EU and IAEA are not even going to look at that fact, others including myself and others around the world however will. Lies cost credibility afterall.
    Yep, much as I'll take offence to being called a right wing nut ;)

Nope, it was a close call though.

GRIM, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh no, I'll be back, gotta scrub myself down in a bad, bad way ;)

GRIM, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  5. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Appeal to authority and other labelling is not valid arguement. By trying to pigionhole people with 'Liberal', 'classic liberal', 'Neo-con' (which I use a lot), and all names does nothing to refute what they say, and serves to illuminate the lack of knowledge and valid arguement of the name caller.

It is such old news to categorize by name calling. All it does is make you look weak.

Here is an incomplete summary of what is wrong with labeling:
    No matter how many times you try to apply a label to someone, it doesn't make it valid - no matter how many people (neo-cons, LOL) keep doing it.
    Wishful thinking is part of self deception:
    The thing about self-deception, like many of these false arguements, is that it is obvious to most others and only shows the person for what they are doing, which is proving they are out of touch.
    I don't feel like spending time on this. There is so much wrong, and I don't even care. See also:
    Here, feast your eyes: Recognizing Propaganda Techniques
    and Errors of Faulty Logic

mikmik, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  6. GTech

Best Answers:
    Sure it matters. In fact it matters now, more than ever. It matters very much that the EU and IAEA and other countries are persuing this, with US backing. It matters, because most of the REST OF THE WORLD see's how sensitive and important this issue is. In other words, WE (the US) are backing this issue, not leading it. Others have made it a forefront issue.

As for the rest, you are stating heresay. Six times now, with nothing to back it up. You saying it, doesn't make it so. Do I take it that you don't hold yourself to the same standard you've held me to in the past?

So does inaction. But whose claiming the EU and IAEA is lying? Or were you just making a generalized comment for affect without saying anyone specifically is lying? Who (besides you) says it's a fact? Isn't that digging the issue further in the hole?

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  7. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    That is sadly applied on terrorists if you look at europe. Al Qaeda test their weapons here in Sweden :(
    Some leftliberals ignores the tragedy that happened 9/11.. some even laughed about it. They always keep their "they've got their reasons"-BS ongoing.

8. GTech

Best Answers:
    And to think, you wasted that whole post on gworld :D

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  9. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    One more time, for all you who can't use real reason and insist on calling names and categorizing people with terms like "liberal":

Name calling: This techniques consists of attaching a negative label to a person or a thing. People engage in this type of behavior when they are trying to avoid supporting their own opinion with facts. Rather than explain what they believe in, they prefer to try to tear their opponent down.

mikmik, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if things go downhill and a need to attack is met.

What part of the statement have I not backed up? That I have heard current officials from the US claim that Iran does not need Nuclear Power, I have already given you a link now twice to a previous post made, with quotes and link to the article I am talking about.

Again I'm not nor have I been discussing the IAEA or the EU, was talking about statements from our own government.

GRIM, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  11. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    btw.. the definition of liberal is believing in a state that is as close to anarchy as possible. Radical liberalists is Anarchocapitalists.

12. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Man, I need to learn this stuff too! I make all the mistakes and blah, blah. It is hardest looking at yourself, ;)

It is just debating, though, I'll bet we all sit around with beers and talk about sports, computers, web development, and we like each other just fine!

In fact, I fancy myself here, but in the rest of the forum, I feel kind of intimidated because I don't know much beside html:eek:

mikmik, Oct 10, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    I wish there was an icon that really showed true laughter! Anyone heard any good names for Tom Delay lately? :D

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  14. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Now it's time to end this discussion.. me and hgbcantra agree that we should destroy Irans nuclear plant(or bomb). There is nothing more to discuss.

15. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    latehorn:
    I thought libertarianism was like anarchy? Libertarian sites I read are really against any government at all.

Radical liberalists, though, any radicals want to impose their views on everyone - yikes!!!!

GTech:
    Same with 'tongue in cheek'. So many times we come across way more serious than we mean.

mikmik, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't bring up webmaster related materials, making me scared now I might have to get back to work ;)

j/k

GRIM, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Got any?

GRIM, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  18. GTech

Best Answers:
    Oops, I was off cooking. I could probably check the recent Delay thread.

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  19. mikmik

mikmik Guest

Best Answers:
    Tom Dismayed?:D

mikmik, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  20. GTech

Best Answers:
    That's the one I was looking for :D

I heard they turned around and charged the accuser of doing the same thing? Is that right? I saw a headline with something to the effect and thought it was hilarious!

GTech, Oct 10, 2005 IP