1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropdown Question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by protocol96, Jun 30, 2007.

I just wanted to know if its possible to have drop down where we can set the limit to the no. of options displayed. To make it a lil more clearer,
    my dropdown will alwayz option more 3, so i want my dropdown to show 3 options even if there are 10 or 25 options.

protocol96, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  2. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    A drop down list will show the number of options available that you have listed as available.

If you only want to show 3 options then only add 3 options and drop the other 22.

AstarothSolutions, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  3. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    do you mean if you drop it down, the first 3 are showing and the rest are oonly viewable if scrolled down?

quite, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  4. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I drop it down, i want only 3 to be showing, the rest if there, should be viewable when i scroll down.

Do i make sense?

5. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't actually think you can have a scrolling drop-down. The closest you can get is a little box which you can scroll through, but it doesn't actually drop down. For example, try:
    <form>
    <select size="2">
    <option value="1">1</option>
    <option value="2">2</option>
    <option value="3">3</option>
    </select></form>
    Code (markup):
    At least that appears to be the best you can do by just using pure HTML, for more info on drop down boxes, it might be worth looking at W3's site

You probably can do it in flash, but I can only really speak in a understandable way about HTML...
    Hope that is of some help

diarmuid, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  6. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    i do appreciate the help, but thats not wat i m looking for.

The data in the drop down would be populated by an Ajax code which would be fetched from database using sql code, now these fetched options will alwayz be greater than 3, so i want the scroll bar to alwayz come up so i need the drop down to show only 3 values at a time.