1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buried under mail!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by corena, Oct 7, 2005.

I have to many mail boxes! It would be simple if I only check my mail..but I check my clients mail, too. I am trusted with the passwords of my clients and deal with online business while they go on vacations.

I find it was a service that was truly needed. Just a simply take over a for a internet marketer for a few days so they can go on vacation...but ....

I spend more time logging in to different mailboxes then I want.

QUESTION: Is there a program out there that will either collect mail from boxes...and keep them separate or a way to have me login into a program that will auto log me in to all the mailboxes AND BE TOTALLY SECURE.??

~~Corena

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I just use Outlook but I set up folders for every account...Then I set up a filter so the mails go into each folder depending on which account it is.

Then I don't have to change Identities to get mail, etc - It all comes in at the same time

If I want to send a mail from that box, they are all in the pulldown when I open up a new email.

yfs1, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  3. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    Some are using gmail. My outlook is not sent up for that.

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You can have the gMail ones either forward to outlook

or I am pretty sure you set gMail itself up to be checked through Outlook

yfs1, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  5. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    I will check it out. ty

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  6. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I use thunderbird mainly. And all my accounts are IMAP ones, so whatever computer I'm at, all the emails are in the correct folders wherever I log on.

Gmail can be set up so you can collect your email through POP3. So you'll be able to read that with pretty much any mail client.

Also, for a lot of my domains I have set up domain forwarding for them. So an email to actually ends up in Which is great. I set this up via the email setting part on my domain's cpanel account. So if you don't have that I don't know how you set about doing that.

For reading IMAP accounts at any PC, I like to use netmymail.com which can be set up to read from a load of accounts (pop3, imap, gmail, yahoo, hotmail) all from one log in. VERY handy.

blackbug, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  7. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    you can set up gmail as a pop account to work with outlook...search gmail for the info on the pop account.

yfs has the best idea.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  8. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    Now I shall spend a huge part of my day playing with my outlook. I use it for my tasks and giving tasks to my out source artists. but I did not use it for mail as much..because the compose area of that program does not work as well as the compse in express. I Make html emails in the outlook express mailing program using the veiw source tabs..but the regular outlook does not use that feature.

ANOTHER QUESTION: Does anyone know of a plug in for outlook that will make the program create html docs.

I know I can create them in word and import them..but why if I can create it in the mailing program.?

I use so many programs at once it would be nice to use one less.

~~Corena
    P.S. Thanks everyone for your great comments!

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  9. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    Which Outlook do you use? Mine Outlook for Office XP has the html docs feature, I can even play around directly with the HTML tags.

plmerlin, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  10. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    It is an older version..I think I am going shopping this afternoon..the newer version probably has everything I need.

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  11. [GeNe]

[GeNe] Peon

Best Answers:
    Outlook may be a little harder to configure, try Thunderbird, they have some really good extensions that might help you out. May I ask what kind of business is this? I'm in serious need of money these days that i'll do anything.

[GeNe], Oct 7, 2005 IP
  12. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    What type of business.. hmmm.. well. Internet marketers need a break from time to time. I just take over answering emails and giving refunds and thing of that nature..I can do simple website maintenaince and review bid on freelance bidding sites. I am not sure what to actually label it..unless you say it is a rent -a- assistant.
    Hope that helps you.
    ~~Corena

corena, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  13. carlf

carlf Peon

Best Answers:
    I can highly recommend MailCopa ( you can download an eval copy at mailcopa.com ). IMO this is much more powerful and easier to use that outlook, and it's very easy to setup and manage folders, etc.

Can't rate this highly enough. We've been using it for the past 4 months and had no problems at all with it. We're running several email accounts on a network and it works beautifully!

bests

Carl

carlf, Oct 10, 2005 IP