1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About digg.com algoritm

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Malatya, Jun 29, 2007.

Hi my friends.I see tons of members make digg exchanges.Ido it too.But i want to talk you about he digg algoritm.(Yes i know digg is not a search engine but i found this category most about this)

Digg make something new for digg exchanging.If you digg someone and he/she too, then they banned you.

It sounds bad, i know, but i tried this myself.My 3 digg account banned(i use them with different ip's and with 2 different computer) And no response to my "why ban me?" questions from digg(this means they are angry with me :) ).But they do not ban my other account.Because i do not use this one to dugg some other people who dugg me.

I tried alogritm with 3 account and all of banned in a quite while. So, i advise you do not use your account only dugg exchanges.And also do not dugg all people.And the other issue, signup for 2 member.Use rarely the other, or in exchanges use one of them and for other exchange use the other.Dugg some people you do not know or you do not exchange.

I hope it helps, Thanks for reading.

Malatya, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad they are doing something about the amount of spammy MFA sites that get posted on digg. It's not a place for you to promote your site, it's a place for poeple to find interesting news.

stOx, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    Etherfast likes this.
  3. Etherfast

Etherfast Peon

Best Answers:
    You have a good point, stOx. However, they ban everything that uses digg exchange, even if the content is original and not part of a MFA site. ;)
    Basically we were breaking the TOS.

Etherfast, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  4. trafficnotice

trafficnotice Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, Digg is a search engine just not like Google. The Digg users search the Web for stories to post and then vote for what they think are the most interesting ones. It is search, just not done by machines.

trafficnotice, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  5. Etherfast

Etherfast Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, the huge irony. Digg's search system sucks :)

6. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    I think digg is more like a newspaper edited by users who choose what gets published and what should be buried.

enQuira, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  7. Etherfast

Etherfast Peon

Best Answers:
    Say hello to the bury brigade and to the famous digg groups that alter digg counts,

8. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Exchanges work with stumbleupon not with digg ;)

Mong, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    enQuira likes this.
  9. retete-culinare

retete-culinare Peon

Best Answers:
    Sad but true :( Digg is full of spam and i don't see any improvements in the near future.

retete-culinare, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  10. CboY

CboY Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for report.Yes that is spam and that in not good but always there are new algoritms for this kind of habits.Also Malatya is a old user a think, so he learns the algoritm but it is really good and cant understand by all people and this is the good point.however, google, digg, etc big sites always find a way to stop spam and webmasters find a way to continue it

CboY, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  11. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I quit using digg. I was/am a top 50 user, but it got to be a little much.

ly2, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  12. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Webmasters will do anything for a free link like that. :D

EGS, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  13. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    banning for exchanging is fine, but banning for multiple digging is bad. Since you may submit any site, as long as you don't ask your frens to digg, it should be fine. But they banned an url just because i submitted all the articles, back when they got started...

I don't do it now, but why limit on submission. The very design is such that user will digg if they like the articles.

Blogspotter, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  14. teampower

teampower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now if you digg more them 3 site per day the banned you i stop using digg

teampower, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  15. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,
    First of all, i dont like digg exchanging.Nowadays i forget it and love the algoritm.But it has some disadvantages like firends diggs(not exchanging-good firends digg each other) Or some days i do not use internet, then i have free time.Join digg and digg, read lots of things.So "now if you digg more them 3 site per day the banned you i stop using digg" is a bad idea.All the time engineers can not find a human reality algoritm.But they work for it.I write this post, because if somebody warn me i stop it.I loved my account on digg.

Some people say digg is a search engine.My friend, i know what is a search engine and what is not.I am an engineer :) somebody save webmaster souls

Malatya, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  16. otssolutions_administrator

otssolutions_administrator Peon

Best Answers:
    I was also the member of digg and placed some new news about the services of my clienst that he launch on very low price to attarct the new clients but digg not only bann my ID but also my systems IP,
    why this is happening,
    that website was http://www.niceone.ie/websitedesignireland
    and second website is http://www.marketstar.com

can you suggest me why digg do this with me, Infact this site is not for the MFA, I wan to listen your views on this site.

Keep in touch
    Ambrish Shrivastava

17. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are machine my friend, and of course they cant catch only the true attacks.Sometimes this happen.

Malatya, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  18. iMarketingGuru

iMarketingGuru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just become a Digg power user and don't build on the idea of digg exchanges. The only way to do this is to network with others and get diggs from others. Either become a Digg power user who is highly connected or face the SPAM-pwnage campaign (the Digg burying group)

iMarketingGuru, Jul 4, 2007 IP