1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

iTrader would work better if DP Users were not afraid to give negative ratings

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CanadianEh, Jun 27, 2007.

I have always found that DP is the best forum to do business on. As I gain more experience on it there is room for improvement.

I have given hundreds of iTraders and simply kept silent for may questionable dealings. This week, I gave what was probably my first negative rating. I was the buyer and I was out money. Within minutes, the member posted a negative with a these comments
    Biggest SCAMMER ON DP!!!!! He had links for long time , Crook, Theif!!​
    and said in the comments that it was in retaliation. He then PMd me saying basically "see what you get".

I didn't get too upset. I used the "report bad post" link and reported the rating Since the comments were not backup up by any facts I thought that DP would remove them. I put in a second report the next day. After more than 48 hours have passed and the rating is still there I am not so happy.

I researched this person iTraders. This person has 9 negative iTraders in the last year.:eek: In all the cases, this person retaliated by giving a negative back, usually with something like SCAMMER on it. As myself, these people do not have any other negatives on their record.

I believe that iTrader system cannot be of any real use as someone has little to gain and more to lose by providing a negative rating.

Any commentsÉ

CanadianEh, Jun 27, 2007 IP
    Etherfast, shenron, anions and 6 others like this.
  2. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well, it's sad that something like that happened to you, but I'm afraid the mods can't edit iTraders. You should always look at person's posts and iTraders before buying anything from him, but that's not news to you I think. Good luck! :)

Katy, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  3. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This person seems to be taking advantage of this software shortcoming.

4. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few months ago, I was thinking to leave a negative iTrader to other DP user (I paid for several links a full year, but the links were removed after three months), but finally I dind't because the fear to get a negative iTrader as revenge.

So for now, instead of leaving a negative iTrader, IMO the best we can do is make a post in the deal's thread requiring an explanation for the failed deal.

ajsa52, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  5. okgaz

okgaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a shame but it's just the same on ebay. I can't think of any way to stop -ve itrader retaliation but it would be good if mods could have the power to remove it or even just place a comment next to it. I guess then the mods might get bogged down with requests to remove every -ve itrader anybody gets then though..

okgaz, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  6. rennick

rennick Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with everyone else. I got scammed, but was reluctant to leave -ve itrader as my own is pretty low. I ended up doing what ajsa did--leaving a negative post in the deal thread.

rennick, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  7. Etherfast

Etherfast Peon

Best Answers:
    There's more than one way to screw with one person's reputation. Like negative posts and such, not necessarily a negative iTrader. If the proper persons are not analyzing the reported ratings properly, we may have an issue. Like I said in an earlier post, a negative iTrader is like a slap in the face, especially if you don't deserve it.

Noobs and revengeful people reply to your negative rating with another negative rating, even if your part of the deal was completely clean. That's because they lack responsibility and most likely fair-play.

I wouldn't mind uncovering a buyer's evil plans and scams with a negative iTrader if I would be 100% sure that someone will review and correct mine if he leaves one back, unfair.

+rep, CanadianEh.

Etherfast, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  8. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I won't comment a lot 'cause I'm facing the same revenge problem atm...

+Rep added and full support to you.

shenron, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  9. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So it sounds like there are people with good iTrader averages that do not deserve it. It also sounds like there are people with bad iTrader ratings that do not deserve it

jg123 likes this.
  10. Stevie

Stevie Guest

Best Answers:
    I recommend that whoever has a negative experience with a member to leave negative feedback. The important thing is to make sure that the comments left are truthful and not lies.

So far in my experience, I've had two 'revenge attacks' where the two left lies as comments.

My latest negative feedback someone called me a scammer, but it was more ugly though, as the person tried to extort money if I didn't pay for a poor quality article. Of course there was no way I was going to pay, not for some article that had so many Wikipedia matches. But it just makes you wonder if this kind of thing has gone on before where someone has been conned out of money to preserve their perfect itrader rating.

Stevie, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  11. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The itrader is only one factor you should take into account when doing a trade. There are plenty of other things to consider, many of which are in the sticky in the BST section.

It might even be worth looking at the last posts of the user. If they are trash talking or creating useless threads or posts then you can get a good idea of the professionalism of the member.

Cheers
    Notting

Notting, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  12. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think member should b banned for some time if he/she reaches certain level of -ve itrader,9 -ve itrader in an year is just too much.

getjimmy, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  13. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have few clients in DP that sometimes forget their obligation and took them 1-2 weeks to send payments to me but I never gave them negative iTrader for those reasons. But I do use email notification from www.readnotify.com so that I will know if they are just simply ignoring my emails .. hehehehe Nonetheless, I keep in silence.

Philvault, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    Notting likes this.
  14. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Care to give a little more information? The way it looks from that sentence is that you bid for something and then backed out due to lack of funds, which of course would be a deal gone bad...right?

Qryztufre, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  15. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    No one deserves what they get in life, one has to earn for themselves. You think babies born daily deserve to be born in a slum ? Well iTrader is just a tool, do not worry about ur 1 -ve itrader cause the user doing business with you probably will check the users itrader also and see how he has been doing.

The things that you do eventually catch up to u.

Cheers

paidhosting, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  16. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me once, although I was the seller in this case and the person on the other hand was out of cash. I sent him PM's asking why he is taking so long but he didn't answer. I sent him 2 extra pm's and he finally answered. Damn the suspense at DP is killing me.

BLaZeR, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  17. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Mate you're talking about Joe (sundaybrew), While I see you, yourself is a nice businessman and already have done many successful transactions on DP. I am quite amazed of the whole Drama.

I have done business with Joe before, and have seen his General behavior towards other members, specially newbies. He is one guy who always tries to play nice and he is one of those guys who has my natural respect.

I'm not saying that you're making a false statement, but I'd like to see his side of story as well before I can make any comment.

The Webmaster, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  18. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    My side of the story is this

I sold him links, there were up for 7 + months,

I sold the site and the new owner removed the links ( his choice )

The links I sold were $25 for lifetime on a PR5 SITE....

NOW - here is where the drama starts.....

He pm's me telling me to issue him a whole refund,

The way I saw it was that He already had the value of the links on a PR5 site for 7 months, for $25...

I shouldnt have to refund the whole amount thats crazy...

So I bascally told him no refunds, and

He demanded a refund or a negitive feedback....

So instead of him just asking for me to give him links somewhere else, or a partial refund, he just blasted me with a neg I trader...

So In turn as I do have the right, left him one back...

I am a nice guy, I generally help many people and try to work out a solution to every problem.

Yes - I do to many things at once, and as GREAT man once said,

" I need to narrow down my business"

" So I can stop sucking at 50 things and be GREAT at a few"

Yes - I do have 9 negatives BUT I also have 350 positives

and thats my side.................

sundaybrew, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    EGS likes this.
  19. BLaZeR

BLaZeR Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword:lifetime

By the way why do always leave a new line after each sentence?:p

BLaZeR, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  20. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Joe, If it was a lifetime deal, why didnt you offer links on any other site/page of yours?

Although I dont understand, whats the deal with Lifetime links? do people take the term 'Lifetime' literally?

For easy read, as far as I think.

The Webmaster, Jun 29, 2007 IP