1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does paying to get into Yahoo's dir help your PR?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by zehlendorf, Jun 28, 2007.

Last time I checked, you could pay to get into Yahoo's dir for a whopping 300 bucks. Is this at all worth it? Does it boost your PR? Do you get more traffic?

zehlendorf, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It will probably help your PR assuming they list you on a high PR review page

Personally, I could find much better value with placing reviews on maybe 4 or 5 or similar reviews on a few directories
    imho

britishguy, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    the page i was going to submit to had PR5. but i could buy cheaper PR5 links here....

mikey1090, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are specifically looking for PR I would not recommend Yahoo Directory.. I would rather choose PR5 pages from other sites with cheaper price.

maldives, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  5. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need high PR backlinks to get a good PR. $300/year is way expensive for a listing in yahoo if PR boost is what you are after. It does bring good traffic but depends on the niche and category you are submitting to. You may get a slight edge in SERPs for a listing in yahoo directory.

Agent47, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    onedollar likes this.
  6. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is important not for PR or traffic but for the authority/trust value :)

onedollar, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    Agent47 and maldives like this.
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i guess, you can get a lot more traffic if you get in alive/aviva sites! but then if you have already submitted to most top directories, and you still have the advertisement budjet, then you can go for it!

i managed yahoo directory for free some time back, but then the link was later removed, in that period, about one year! i did not recived much traffic, based on that experience, i will never pay to get in yahoo directory, but then it is all your choise!:D

uttoransen, Jun 29, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  8. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    right! you gain a lot of trust from a yahoo dir backlink. this will helps a lot your serps and PR becomes irrelevent if the website is not a directory.
    However a listing in yahoo gives you a huge number of backlinks in different pages, 78 for my listing. these pages are from dir.yahoo.com (city level, state level, popular listing in category,... of course this for a regional listing) and also from ca.yahoo uk.yahoo ...
    For me this is the best investment I did for that website.

I have another listing not as successful as the first one.

my post #1000 :)

enQuira, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  9. zehlendorf

zehlendorf Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I didn't realize they give you so many backlinks. Do you see a lot of direct traffic coming from those links?

zehlendorf, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  10. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    no, no direct traffic to mention. a couple referrals a month like all general directories.

enQuira, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  11. Bebicul

Bebicul Writer

Best Answers:
    How much did the listing improve your serps? Yahoo and Google; and for how many keywords?

Bebicul, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  12. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    I had this listing for more than 2 years now and I don't follow serps keyword by keyword. serps got much better in google. ironically normal in yahoo, they tell you that the listing does not guarantee to have top yahoo serps but will have indirect impact thanks to the human review.

enQuira, Jun 29, 2007 IP