1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Premium Wallpaper Site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GeorgeB., Jun 26, 2007.

ColorScreen.net

Assume no traffic/revenue.

No database required. Just upload, chmod and go.

$150

Post SOLD to claim.

GeorgeB., Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. Red_Virus

Red_Virus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    the script is cool... Can we set up categories...

Red_Virus, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

Categories aren't supported with the script unless you have them custom coded. Right now it supports newest, most popular, etc.

It's mainly so users rack up pageviews viewing the pages.

4. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    lol, I have actually been considering getting a wallpaper site and this one looks nice. But then again I have a hard time even considering giving you money again after you screwed me with the last sale.

How many walls are included and what is the current size?

Scilynt, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. UKMatt

UKMatt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UKMatt, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  6. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Scam? I hear scam? I hadn't read the thread in a while but wow...

You should probably have minded your business because all you know is one side of the story...

According to that thread I intentionally sold him a pirated VB copy, took his money and ran.. unfortunately for you UKMatt there's no scam even though you seem to be feeling self important and trying to point one out... but hold that thought.

To the contrary, he does have the domain, he does have the site files, he does have the vbSEO license, he does have the database with all posts and users on his server, and the ForumShock campaign was bought and paid for with his domain. I was unaware there were pirated files anywhere on my server until he pointed it out to me. How is that possible? Well had you done any research before minding my business for me you'd have seen I just bought the site a month earlier. My fault for not checking the files but I buy and sell sites a lot and sometimes I never even touch a site before reselling it. My apologies for that gaain as I did apologize to Mr. Scilynt profusely via PMs and assure him it was not my intention to cheat him out of a measley $160 for a vb license by selling him pirated software.... I mean seriously who can't afford 160 bucks?

So I'd say he didn't get all that I promised in the thread even though the promise to do installs etc came well into the sale and some after we found out about the pirated files issue. But I WOULD NOT say he got scammed out of $500 as if to say I just took his money and ran. So you want to look up scam in the dictionary and get a clue? The things I listed above that he got were worth $500 easily.

I did however not follow through on re-installing the profile template edits... So it's apparent that the following statement is a bit misleading no?
    In any case to answer your question, there are 130 wallpapers. The entire site takes up 56.68MB of disk space.

- George

praveen likes this.
  7. UKMatt

UKMatt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Unfortunately for me? I was just trying to help out any buyers.. it just so happens that I read that thread extremely recently.

I'm also suprised that noone else made a comment about it .. especially since Scilynt's latest blog is named 'Veteran DP members can get away with scamming people (GeorgeB)…'

Also, please read this extract from Scilynt from that thread:

So even though it may not be a scam... please don't act like I was doing something extremely wrong... when from the facts actually on this forum... I was 100% right.

UKMatt, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  8. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    wow, he actually responds! Let me know your secret UKMatt as I wasn't able to get him to post/reply/respond or follow through regardless what I tried. Also, thanks for looking out and standing up for what I feel is as close to scamming as possible.

George, my friend, remind me again what part of the sale you agreed to do the move and install. It was before I paid and part of the deal. Part of the agreement. Therefore, you not following through is considered a scam in my book. I do not have a functional site and you know it because I pmed you with that fact. You didn't complete the install even when using your pirated copy. And you sure as hell did not complete the install using my legit copy that I had sitting waiting for you to try to make it easier. And that is where I stopped hearing from you, after you got the money and somehow felt justified as far as completing your side of the deal even though it was anything but complete.

So, as of yet, I have a domain, a vbseo license, a pirated version of vb half installed on my server by you and a wasted month on my own owned license that I bought for the site. Remind me what the hell I paid the $500 for...was it to just let you dump the pirated files onto my server and be done with it? I was under the impression it was to install the fully running site as it was being sold installed on my server. Did I get that? At what point did you decide you had followed through?

I could care less what you claim the previous owner gave you. I could care less if you are too busy to check your site files. What I care about is getting what I paid for in a timely manner. Not a broken, half installed, pirated vb and no contact for a month and a half.

So rather than taking your holier than thou stance with someone else calling you out, how about you answer to me and follow through with what you owe? As I am sure you remember from one of my unanswered pms, I even offered to let you refund part of the payment that I could use to pay someone else that knows what they are doing to finish the install since you seemed to get a bit lost. I have no problem admitting I don't know how to transfer it all but maybe that is the reason you just ran away?

As for the wallpaper site, are the 130 included walls license free? Though I must be an idiot for even considering buying from you again lol.

Scilynt, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  9. UKMatt

UKMatt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good, I'm glad that the truth is finally out. I knew there was something dodgy about that deal still.

I think it's about time GeorgeB sorts out this problem, or is banned from the forum.

Scamming other members is totally unacceptable... and blatantly lieing about it is even worse.

UKMatt, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oy vey...

This could all have been handled in the other thread, without hijacking this one.

Will.Spencer, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  11. Tetragon

Tetragon Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seems that some of the parties involved tried to handle it on the other thread but without all parties responding it went nowhere ..... so I guess that's why this one got hijacked ....

the term 'caveat emptor' - buyer beware comes to mind .... stories like these are good lessons for us prospective buyers ..... all info to be stored away for future reference ....

Be interesting to see if an amicable solution can be found here ......

Tetragon, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  12. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Let me make something crystal clear here for all the bandwagon riders...

The only thing I have not delivered on with this sale in question.... is installing the myspace style user profiles hack which is basically a series of template edits and a vb product import. It's a pain in the ass and thats why I paid someone to do it.

..... looking for more? Sorry that's it.

At this point, that's what all of this is about. Now that that's out in the open certain members here can go work on your sites and try to get paid instead of minding my business. Trust me you'll thank me later for that advice.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did take too long to get back to you Scott and again, my apologies for that.

But you see it really wasn't all about that... It was about this guy jumping in with his 2 cents and labeling me with the same label you give people that rip people off for thousands of dollars in obviously planned scams and leave them with nothing.

It's not a hollier than though stance. It's a you (UKMatt) have no clue what you're talking about so should hence forth STFU? In other words, not directed at you.

Completely different situation than ours where I promised you follow up on the sale with support and (wrongfully so) didn't follow up. I've got more time on my hands for the next few days so I can actually correct that BUT.... do not assume that I don't realize the damage is already done. I know this, hence my lack of enthusiasm to get back to you on this. Especially after reading all that you implied about me in the other thread because I felt like I was reading an essay written by someone with selective memory....

In an effort to make yourself seem more like a victim than you are and to draw sympathy in the public you repeatedly (and purposely) mentioned the phrase pirated software because you know that would put me in the same class as scammers who willfully steal peoples money and property for profit. When you and I both know damn well I had just bought the site less than a month prior and the guy before me is the one that sold me the pirated board. But you're not calling him out because that doesn't fit your agenda... trust me, I get it.

honestly, I stopped reading your PMs a month ago. So no I haven't read it. Feel free to ask staff members to confirm that those PMs were never opened. Again I was wrong and I believe I mentioned the word "apologize" or some variation at least twice in my last post. No one is saying me not finishing off the install was right. BUT.... I'm not going to sit idly by and let you act like you got nothing. I assure you sir, I have A LOT better things to do than cook up schemes on how to scam someone out of $500. I guess I'm sounding a bit "hollier than thou" now so I'll break this off but the idea of you implying that I basically took your $500 and gave you a pirated board and ran is pretty damn insulting so you'll understand why I seem to be comign off that way.

This was never about money. It was about me not following through. Call me a lazy bastard piece of shite... but don't try to label me a scammer.

REALITY CHECK: Right now you have a fully clean vbulletin install, with vbSEO, members, posts, and a domain indexed in google with PR. And have had that for a month. Now you seem to be a principled guy so I can only assume your refusal to work on the site in all that time because I didn't finish installing a damn profile mod must have been based on those principles. Not the smartest thing to do businesswise, but respectable.

So that leaves us with me offering to do it for you, pay someone you trust to do it, or refunding you $100 so you can have it done yourself. And I'm not above saying I apologize again for the unnacceptable delay...

You're not an idiot. A good businessman sees a good potential investment and doesn't let personal gripes get in the way of his success. As for the license free question I will assume not. They were with the site when I acquired it.

GeorgeB., Jun 27, 2007 IP
  13. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Not as much as I hate cowards like you ;)

Why not leave your name? Are you afraid of me?

GeorgeB., Jun 27, 2007 IP
  14. Rhonda

Rhonda Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I didn't read the other thread and I didn't read all the ramblings here but from your responses and the complaints against you, it is you who didn't follow through with the transaction after the whole pirated vb and well you should be apologizing and fixing it, not defending yourself!

Rhonda, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  15. Tetragon

Tetragon Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    For a 'seasoned' poster your attitude stinks!

Your use of terms like 'bandwagon riders' will not gain you too many fans/buyers ..... no matter how much you'll put this sale back on track. This is a public forum with public postings and members have the right to post on any and every thread ..... regardless of their number of postings.

The only one who seems to have lost out here longterm is the seller ..... judging by after sales service!

.... For the record I didn't leave bad reps for anyone on this thread ....

Tetragon, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  16. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    George, thanks much for actually responding to me and not completely ignoring the whole situation. It's getting close to two months since I paid for the site and for you to install it so I am sure you can understand my frustration that you never followed through and admitted to even ignoring most of my pms about it.

But you are dead wrong about a few things and I'm not sure if it is because your memory is failing due to how long it has been or if it is you avoiding the truth in the wake of other people actually calling you out in defense of me (thanks much to those people BTW).

Here are a few things that are completely true and that you seem to have forgotten or are wrong about.

- the for site you sold me and installed on my server is only half working and broken even still today. ANYONE can check that statement and see you did not follow through and the "only thing I didn't get was the myspace profile thing" as you claim. For example, if you go to the forums and click on a users name it goes to a dead page.

- I don't even have control of the forums as you haven't provided an admin login

- you have not installed the forum package I left for you and it's an old version...I do not know if it is "clean of the pirated version" or not to be honest but I don't really trust the version you put on there since it is the same as the pirated version...not sure what you changed to make it "clean". I provided the latest fully licensed version for you to use, why didn't you use that?

- vbadvanced is not installed. Not sure if vbseo is instalelled or not but it may be. myspace profile mod that was supposedly a $75 upgrade is not installed and I don't have the files for it. So how is it a fully working site that is done per the sale agreement when it is nothing like what you claimed in your sales thread? Yes, I have the domain. Yes I have a way old version of vb installed on there that is not verified as being "clean". Yes there are member accounts and post. But no, it is not a fully working or completed site as I paid for what you were selling as it was on your host and it's not even close to that. Anyone can view that by going to the site on their own to see I am not making that up.

- for the first couple weeks when you were slacking the whole forum was down because I then had control of the domain and changed the nameservers so you could install on my server. You didn't do so, so the site was a dead page. I have no idea if I got the full package that was supposedly paid for by forumshock or if they were able to finish. I do not know anything about that as you never replied to those pms.

- I am not ignoring the fact that you bought the forum a month or so before you sold it as you claim. I honestly don't give a damn when you bought it, who you bought it from or what they provided you with. I have no reason to call that person out for whatever problems I have. I bought the site from YOU with the terms WE, meaning me and YOU, agreed upon. YOU are responsible for what you deliver and provide. So don't try to pass the blame as we are talking about what you sold and what you provided...or more what you have yet to provide.

REALITY CHECK: Regardless of your excuses or definitions of what a scammer is, I personally think that paying $500 for a site and to have it installed and then get what you have yet provided as a scam. I don't see how you claim anything else. Sure, I agree it is bad service but more realistically it is no service and not providing what you said you would when you accepted my money. That is a rip off and that is what most people call a scam. Yes, there are people worse than you and people that try to take advantage but your actions are not much better and the end result is still me getting screwed by you. As mentioned many times, I still do not have a working site with the features you sold me with. I do not have the install or mods you sold me with. I do not have a site I can use yet even after almost two months. And I am pissed I paid you a decent amount only to be ignored and seemingly the only reason you are even responding now is because others have helped call you out on it.

This isn't just a case of buyers resource or me just being upset with bad service and over reacting. You did not provide what we agree on and at this point the sale isn't final and I feel ripped off.

Thank you for finally starting to consider ways to resolve this and the offers. I would like a quick way to finish this and conclude our deal. But there are a couple issues.

I would be interested in the $100 refund to help cover getting another person to help fix what you have broken. But to accept that I also need a few other things...

- I need the files for the myspace profile mod or a way to get that installed (legit) as that was quoted as part of the sites cost but have no way of getting it installed.

- I need to know why what you have on there is not working (like clicking on a users name goes to a dead page) so I can know what still needs to be done

- I need admin access to my site for once.

- I need info on the forumshock campaign since it was quoted in the cost of what I paid for...was it ever completed whats left?

- I need to be assured that I have all the complete files and database so it can be repaired to the original state through with a legit vb license

If I have all the needed files and have a complete working database and such so it can be completely fixed and all the mods and upgrades are provided and you can answer these points/questions, then I would accept the $100 refund and complete this transaction. But I have to be sure I have all the files and mod files to make sure I can get someone to fix it to the correct working state.

Lastly, to agree to this, I would like you to agree to one other thing. I would like to ask that we leave itrader for each other. You would leave me positive (because I paid instantly and followed through with my side of the transaction) and I would leave you neutral (because you did make this a huge nightmare of a sale and did not follow through...but not negative since you are finally taking action to work this out). I think it is fair to ask that and important that it is documented rather than not leaving itrader for fear of reciprocal itrader even if not deserved.

Please reply and let me know your thoughts.

edit: ps, I am not the one that left you neg rep and never have. I would have no problem admitting it if I did. But I held back as I was hoping for a positive resolution and getting what I paid for.

Scilynt, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    Martyn likes this.
  17. Martyn

Martyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Just to add to this.

I have designed, administered 2 very large forums over my time. I offered to help Scilynt repair the forum that you sold to him. NEVER in all of the time that i have used, coded and seen Vbulletin has it been so totally messed up. You sold him a site that does not work.

1: You CANNOT post without multiple errors that don't even lead back to the forum its self.

2: You CANNOT search a members profile or even view a members status for that matter

3: You DID NOT give him admin rights to the forum, Thus he could not edit the template files or pretty much anything without having any knowledge of mysql.

4: Part of the database is not related to the web site at all, after trying to import the users and posts it proved impossible even for a professional vb coder. Some of it seems to come from a 3rd party web site.

There are so many things wrong with this web site, even professional friends of mine were dumbfounded. You seriously need to either pay him his money back or face a BAN for your actions. Its people like you that give this forum a bad reputation.

Martyn, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  18. Tetragon

Tetragon Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Curiouser and curiouser ................... the plot thickens!

Tetragon, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  19. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Any response GeorgeB?

I am fine taking a $100 refund to pay someone to install the site for me but only if you can assure it is a complete and working site/database. I wonder if the reason you did not follow through with the whole install like you were supposed to is maybe because you ran into the same problems Martyn and his friends did.

Regardless, if the site is complete and possible to get fully working as it was sold then let me know and tell me if you need my paypal email for the partial refund. If you happen to know that is is screwed up beyond repair then let me know how you want to handle the full refund.

I was upset about the crappy follow up and you ignoring me but even more upset hearing about the issues of trying to get it working. Starting to feel more and more scammed as we go...

Scilynt, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok I will finish up the refund talk (get your pp info) in PMs.

GeorgeB., Jun 30, 2007 IP