1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Free .org domain names

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ajayr, Oct 8, 2005.

Hi friends,

Just wanted to let you know, GoodLuckDomain offers upto five free .org domain names for one year. I think that the only catch is that you have to have a physical address in India (that is because the country field in their signup form lists only India and you can't change it).

Check them out at http://www.goodluckdomain.in/
    Or goto their sign up page at: http://www.goodluckdomain.in/dotorg.html

Ajay.

P.S.: I am not affiliated with the organisation although I have several domain names registered with them and so far they have been pretty good.

ajayr, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  2. [GeNe]

[GeNe] Peon

Best Answers:
    Their company might be making a really huge mistake. Anyoen can easily use an Indian proxy and sign up. I might try this and see if it is exploitable. Will report back soon.

[GeNe], Oct 8, 2005 IP
  3. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    im waiting out Gene wouldnt mind 5 free .orgs

Morgan, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  4. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    I just filled up the form. And I am waiting for the answer. If someone has got some answer from them let me know.
    I live in India.

keral82, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  5. ajayr

ajayr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I had registered quite a few .in and .co.in domain names with them sometime in Feb this year. Around 2-3 months back, they had e-mailed me thanking me for my business and had sent me the URL from where I could get .org domain names. I had filled up their signup page and they got back to me within 24 hours informing me that the names I had requested had been registered. And true enough, I saw the .org names in my account.

But it was only recently did I notice that they are giving away .org names for free from their home page. But I distinctly remember that earlier their signup page didn't have the country filled grayed out. Apparently they want to give .org names only to folks having addresses in India, but they make no mention of it anywhere in their site.

Lastly, they register the .org domain names manually for you, so you will have to wait before you get your names.

ajayr, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  6. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Moreover Who has the DNS control???
    Can I change it the way i like it. Do I have full control. Can I transfer it to some one else In future???

keral82, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  7. ajayr

ajayr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes of course, you get full DNS control.
    Remember, the domains are free only for the first year.

ajayr, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  8. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    very much for all this things. I will surely use them for proper things. This is the first thing i ever got for living in India. Yeah India is really great country. I always thought that only US citizens are getting freebies for surfing the internet. But Now i know that i was wrong.
    Thanks once again for telling me. Also this board is great where i foind valuable information like this.

keral82, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  9. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone tried it living outside of India?

Morgan, Oct 9, 2005 IP
  10. Cyptc

Cyptc Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah please let us know. Ge ne? u try yet? 5 free org's omg I cant sleep now.

LoL Just playing I aint that cheap :p

Cyptc, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  11. TheNetCode

TheNetCode Peon

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but this is wrong. There is a reason that only the people of this country are the ones that are supposed to receive these. Most of the time it is to help grow the Internet there. Finding a way to exploit and get free domains is not exactly a good practice.

TheNetCode, Oct 10, 2005 IP