1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Press releases

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by abientot, Jun 27, 2007.

Have you ever write press releases?

I just even don't know how to do this. I mean, whether these articles should be entertainment or on the contrary, official.

How is it possible to create an interesting article with ad? Probably the rules are different for this type of writing.

abientot, Jun 27, 2007 IP
    samlocalguy likes this.
  2. ScrivenerGrl

ScrivenerGrl Peon

Best Answers:
    I have written a few, and my clients have always been incredibly happy with them. It helps if you have sales experience. Write it as if you would a newspaper article, with a strong introduction/overview of what you are trying to express, with the facts following. Here is a rough outline:

-Introduction (what is going on; what the release is about)

-More factual based information about what is going on

-What the effect this is going to have on the company

-A broad overview of the company and its accomplishments so far

-Contact infor for more information and a summary of what information is available

This is how I've learned to write them after years of reading financial press releases from public companies. I would be interested to hear how others write them, as well.

ScrivenerGrl, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  3. joshbond

joshbond Peon

Best Answers:
    Just go to prweb.com and read through some of the press releases that are up until you get a good idea of how they are written.

joshbond, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  4. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with what ScrivenerGrl has said. I'd like to add a little more with reference to create an interesting article with ad. This type of article can be closely compared with a sales letter.

First of all try to attract the readers' attention. This start can be a story, question, quotation, status appealing statement etc. Then create interest by letting people know about the benefits of the product or service, i.e. how will it boost their profit, make their job easy and efficient etc. Thirdly stimulate the desire by offering guarantee, free sample, price information etc. And end the article with letting your readers think to take some action. This can be done by motivating them through setting deadlines, offering flexible modes of payments etc.

Along with the style mentioned above, try to be specific, concrete and concise. Don't mislead the reader, write the significant facts. And don't write the article/letter in the way you want it, place yourself in readers' shoes and think the ways he wants things to be.

Regards,

Analyst, Jun 28, 2007 IP
    samlocalguy and khushal like this.
  5. ScrivenerGrl

ScrivenerGrl Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice, Analyst, and much better written than mine:p

ScrivenerGrl, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  6. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    there's nothing else to be added I guess. The whole thing has to be newsworthy and of help to the readers - the potential prospects.

shuttle, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  7. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the appreciation ScrivenerGrl! I won't mind some REP on it By the way! :)

Edit:

Well by REP I meant green. Thanks for the red by the way!

Analyst, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  8. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    jhmattern, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  9. samlocalguy

samlocalguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed..nice post..
    I like your way of writing...

samlocalguy, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  10. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have nothing even remotely newsworthy, it's going to be a lesson in how to waste time and money.

As to the real press, if a journalist/editor likes it, they'll verify the facts and typically rewrite the release.

And if you're asking these types of questions, that's a hint that you need to hire a professional. Don't try to do it all yourself. That's what unsuccessful people do.

If hiring a professional isn't an option, go read over press releases from larger companies (Google, GM, Microsoft, Toyota, Apple, etc) to get a feel for the style.

marketjunction, Jun 28, 2007 IP