1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Affliate programs worth enough to sign up?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Biju, Jun 27, 2007.

I recently came across a article in a website and was thinking about signing up Affliate programs. More over many of my friends said that some companies do cheat. I would like t hear your comments over this.

This is the article i came across.

http://www.eulagam.com/ecommerce/affiliate-programs-worth/

Biju, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  2. Affiliatez.co.uk

Affiliatez.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there is an element of dishonesty amongst some networks, but this is not restricted to affiliates only...

There is good money to be made as an affiliate, so give it a go!

Affiliatez.co.uk, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  3. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It doesn't cost nothing if you try...

PixelHut, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  4. Biju

Biju Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea it does not cos anything, but when people cheat then there comes a problem. but the case of Google adwords or YPN , you rarely get cheated unless there is some problem with your side.

Biju, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  5. Dave@Profitistic

Dave@Profitistic Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate marketing has matured as have most of the reputable networks around it.

Simply choose your network based on reputation (as seen on forums like this) and give it a go.

You may be pleasantly surprised...

Dave@Profitistic, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  6. CashinX

CashinX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Companies do cheat, but if you want to stay in the business you have to have a certain reputation - IMO most major affiliate networks don't cheat people.

CashinX, Jun 28, 2007 IP
  7. NikoShark

NikoShark Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to this. But how can the company be very reputable if it is just growing? Considering your words it means that webmaster can work only with titans, and what should other programs do? Disappear? Because they are just achieving good reputation and have not got it yet? But how can they grow without webmasters?
    Anyway you should also put into consideration one fact. Even if the site is small but made seriously, it works fine, it has smooth operation, good support (if we are talking about the sites were the support exists), so it means that the site came to this market not just for one day, and it means that the site does not want negative to go into the net. So they pay, and do it in time, cause they want to have positive feedback and good reputation and as the result they want to grow.
    Yes there are sites that make a biz on cheating webmasters, they make a VERY good offer with huge ammount of freebes and like 100$ to your account if you join... that is very delicious and... not good.
    So one should be careful and smart.
    Actually i have spent much time working as advert and few times i have been cheated, but when i made a research i understood that it was me who made a mistake. I did not put attention to what i have described above.
    Have a good!

NikoShark, Jun 28, 2007 IP