1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Incoming Links from Press Releases

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by forumposters, Jun 25, 2007.

If you submit a press release to a place like prweb.com, will the back link from your press release count or does Google ignore these back links since they are paid for?

forumposters, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  2. Rsnapper

Rsnapper Guest

Best Answers:
    I assume and I hope that they do count.

Many people are paying at least $40 for these anchored links.

Rsnapper, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  3. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's some press release sites that actually cost dang near one hundred bucks. So yeah google BETTER count them, otherwise, what's the point?

ExpertForumGuy, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  4. forumposters

forumposters Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I thought that I remembered reading something from Matt Cutt's blog that indicated these links do not count. But, I guess that I must have misread that or I just don't remember it correctly.

forumposters, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  5. l3vi

l3vi Peon

Best Answers:
    You will get a couple links with just about any press, however most of them are almost PR0 on the page, soo add on the dupe press being passed around I dont think its much value for links in that format. However if you can get people to talk about your press then there are other links to be had, including TV news for even more traffic, but thats more a hit and miss type of thing.

l3vi, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  6. forumposters

forumposters Peon

Best Answers:
    So, it appears there is some question as to how much these links actually count. Anyone have some evidence that really proves this argument one way or the other? How about if you go for the $360 option on prweb.com versus the $80 option? Might the more expensive option give you a decent boost in the SERPS if you choose relevant anchor text?

forumposters, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think links from press releases will be counted as backlinks. i dont see any reason for not counting them as backlinks

trichnosis, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  8. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The real value of issuing a press release is to get the attention of the press/media. If you get magazine editors, ezine editors or news people to pick up your news item and publish it on their networks, that is when you realize the true value of the PR system.

If you are just looking to pay for a link, I'd think there are much better options out there for the money.

Bernard, Jun 27, 2007 IP
    Dubz likes this.
  9. forumposters

forumposters Peon

Best Answers:
    Such as what?

forumposters, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  10. geekgirl

geekgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, PRweb links to your site will be counted as backlinks, and are actually considered as "good links" that will affect your ranking positively.

geekgirl, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  11. dgridley

dgridley Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree.. if you're paying to get a link, I'd think it's a waste of money.

dgridley, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  12. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you're doing a press release just for traffic or backlinks, you'll be disappointed. Whether or not Google "counts" the link means pretty much nothing. That's because you won't be on a page with PR value for more than a day to a few days max. Then you're buried on an archive page. The majority of other links you'll get are from scraper sites or small blogs with little value.

The way to get quality backlinks is to have genuine news that would be of interest to the media or larger bloggers in the niche. If they pick up the story (reposting the press release really isn't picking up the story... you should be looking for unique stories and / or interviews with you), you'll often get a quality, permanent link. It also often has a nice trickle down effect to other niche sites.... but again, it all depends on whether you have anything important enough to be worth the attention. If you just want backlinks, stick to article directories or something.

jhmattern, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  13. TangoUK

TangoUK Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know where you can get a press release with a backlink for $40

TangoUK, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  14. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    PR.com charges around $30 per link, so you can get one that way... not worth it though. It doesn't matter if the link is live in the press release half as much as if it's live in the stories that pick it up (if any).

jhmattern, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  15. TangoUK

TangoUK Guest

Best Answers:
    PR.com looks quite interesting but I don't see any $30 option. All I see is $199per year or $499 per year options. How do get a press release published with a link for just $30 ?

TangoUK, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    You're talking about site memberships (which give you much more, like press rooms).

For press releases, login, click the press release link on the left, and then submit a release. Enter the release. It says right at the body that hyperlinks and text links are $29.95 each. You can also do visibility upgrades, to get in Yahoo News and such, but I find the free distribution with them is fine. If you want links, you buy them individually.

jhmattern, Aug 2, 2007 IP