1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPM or PPC which one a better option?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by WM7, Jun 26, 2007.

?

Which is the best online advertising option?

1. CPM is best.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. PPC is best.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Others.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
    Hello DP members,

I need your advice on CPM vs. PPC, which one a better option.

I am having a hosting product and want to advertise by CPM or PPC methods.

Google and other SE’s are asking for $0.15-$2.5 per CPM
    And for PPC, “web hosting” and similar keywords start from $0.10-$0.70 per click.
    Which adsense sites do you prefer for this kind of product?

I am bit confused about what kind of click thru rate I will get, if I go with CPM.

I know it depends upon my product and my advertising material but still if you have previous experience please share with me.

Regards
    D Maind.

WM7, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Low CTR product you are better off using CPC, high CTR product better off with CPM.

That's a general way of thinking and it's not quite as simple as that but what you are trying to acheive is bang for buck/maximum ROI.

At AdToll our CPC network ads are very well priced starting at just over 2c a click for text ads (cheaper for larger volumes). Check it out at https://www.adtoll.com/book_ad.php?ron=y

ruby, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Never made much from CPM so PPC for me ... but that may not be the case on other niches and non-adsense.

bochgoch, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. WM7

WM7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion, I can’t defend CPM because I am not that confident actually I am feeling that I can get a better click thru rate but we never know how it will land up.

I am thinking to diversify my ads in PPC and CPM equally Do you suggest any other ad network rather than adword and Yahoo.

Do you arrange any DEMO package or a low budget package so I can try.

Regards
    D Maind.

WM7, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. royan

royan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's true, the CPA networks would require of you a higher deposit for your campaign than if you were to set up a CPC or CPM campaign, but what the heck. I believe it is a more cost effective and highly profitable option than any of the other two.

CPA requires you to pay only when your product is actually sold, only then is the cost of advertising deducted from your account and in some cases your are not billed for the sale until 30 days after, therefore it is possible to make the sale first, reinvest the proceeds in making another sale and then pay your cost of sale at a later date.

If you ask me based on financial grounds i would opt for a CPA campaign rather than a CPM or a CPC campaign as you only spend money after you have made money.

royan, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  6. _123_

_123_ Peon

Best Answers:
    i Prefer PPC, CPM has never been good for me =/

_123_, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  7. Calil

Calil Guest

Best Answers:
    I always prefer PPC! it's better to motivate myself at work! kkkkkkk:p

Calil, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Out of CPM and CPC I would also say CPC. This is because some sites seem to choose CPM as they never hardly have any clicks. Also with CPM, some ad networks still seem to count the ad impressions even if you visit your own site.

john269, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  9. PixelHut

PixelHut Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I would say cpc, because it cost only if someone click and come to your site. In that case is a bigger chance that they will buy your product. For cpm you have to pay even if no one clicks. For your ninch I would prefer working on forums where people are searching for hosting plans. Offer them your plan. also submit your hosting to as much hosting lists and directorys as possible.

PixelHut, Jun 28, 2007 IP