1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get rid of your blockbuster search keywords NOW

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by pmpod, Jun 25, 2007.

They added a HUGE list of all the blockbuster and total-access derivation words to azoogle's offer details page that must be placed under negative keywords. First offense is loss of DAY'S commissions, second offense is loss of WEEK'S commissions, third offense is loss of MONTH'S commissions and banning from future partnerships with blockbuster.

There goes that campaign.... :-\

pmpod, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  2. S_Amazan

S_Amazan Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about. I don't see this in any off the blockbuster offer pages. What's the offer #'s.

S_Amazan, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  3. pmpod

pmpod Peon

Best Answers:
    It's for
    (4689) Blockbuster Total Access - 1 Page Form (Free Trial) Search Only
    and
    (4719) Blockbuster Total Access - 2 Page Short Form (Free Trial) Search Only

pmpod, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. Spendlessly

Spendlessly Peon

Best Answers:
    Confirmed - DOA

Spendlessly, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  5. holyearth

holyearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Even with the restrictions, AZ affiliates are still bidding on the trademark ...

holyearth, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  6. pmpod

pmpod Peon

Best Answers:
    and those AZ affiliates will most likely pay the price

pmpod, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  7. holyearth

holyearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    gotcha ;) .

8. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... this news truly SUCKS. Oh well, anyone want to buy my site, www.BlockbusterTotalPass.com for only $5000? I'll throw in all my Blockbuster keywords I used in advertising... and best of all, you won't have ANY competition from any other affiliate marketer :D

webgenesis, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  9. Smithers

Smithers Banned

Best Answers:
    I say everyone quit blockbuster ads until they decide to switch back to the normal prices and keywords.

Smithers, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  10. holyearth

holyearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    this guy's still bidding on the trademark

[​IMG]

11. twins0203

twins0203 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I just looked at the Blockbuster offer on Azoogle myself and it says:

On Yahoo & Google Blockbuster.com must be in the 1st search position for any keyword that has “blockbuster” in it. The following are examples: blockbuster, blockbuster.com, blockbuster video, www.blockbuster.com & blockbuster total access. Search bids MUST be reduced to the minimum or you will not be allowed to run the offer.

And also, I looked at the offer mentioned below and it doesn't say you can't bid on them, it says that Blockbuster.com has to be in 1st position.

On Google.com, BlockBuster.com must be in the 1st search position for the following keywords: block buster, blockbuster video, blockbuster online, blockbuster movie & blockbuster total access.

twins0203, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  12. pmpod

pmpod Peon

Best Answers:
    the search-only ones aren't like that, they list 9990813756981375913 keyword derivations that you have to add to negative keywords. i mean, i'd add them to negative keywords and run this blockbuster promotion in limited exposure using generic dvd rental keywords, but there is no way in hell im taking the time to separate all those keywords into lines or comma separated values so that i can enter them in my campaigns. they could have at least done that ahead of time...

also, if you do a yahoo search for blockbuster and related keywords, there are still tons of people running the offer... either they know something i dont, or they are getting their commissions axed.

pmpod, Jun 26, 2007 IP