1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much traffic from article marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ScottHughes, Jun 21, 2007.

1. rickdev

rickdev Peon

Best Answers:
    Now if you are good at a subject but not the best writer, do you suggest just trying to post something or hire/beg someone to write the article with you suppling the content?

rickdev, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  2. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think most people would know that quality would be the best. If you produce a poorly written article then you will get it distributed on some sites that are not worried about their sites quality, but more about increasing their content.

No if you have a quality article then you are likely to see get it on the sites that are not so worried about theri sites quality, but you are also likely to get it on the sites that also worry about their sites quality. These sites that worry about their sites quality are the ones that are likely to send you the traffic.

john269, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  3. ScottBannon

ScottBannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. The whole point to article marketing is to A) convince readers that they want to know more about the topic/product/service, and B) that you're a good resource for finding more on it... so that they'll click your link in the Bio/Resource box at the end of the article.

If you're writing and publishing garbage articles that offer nothing of value for the readers, the impression you'll give them is that your site is also probably garbage and of no value to them either, so why would they follow your links?

ScottBannon, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  4. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    OK then, so article marketing is not part of SEO until you can write quality article...I get it.

wokaka, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  5. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    AS with most marketing methods on the Internet, there will be people that try to take advantage, simplify. Article submissions are no different.

To me, if you are writing one article and auto submitting or manual even to 2XX article directories. That is like a glorified auto submit to worthless link directories. Most of the pages will be supplements and buried deep.

If we take the comparison with link directories further . Link directories views the strength of your site and article directories view the strength of your article. So the obvious fact is having a better quality article is better as it doesnt take too much more time to fine tune unlike a site.

I think that article directories will go the route of link directories where only human editted directories will be worth anything soon. In fact thats what we are doing with ArticleGOLD where we only review and accept articles that we think ofers something.

Its alot of work as we get hundreds of articles submitted every day ( Ranking no1. for Articles Directory finally!!) but because there arent so many articles and the quality is better than the norm. The ones that are quality and approved gets more views. Also it seems Google likes this idea too.

My 2 cents.

xenyo, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  6. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    quality directories are great to see instead of just free for all directories. Thanks for a great site to submit to.

eric8476, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  7. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends a bit on you rluck too. Some article s get quaite a few referrals while others very, very few. I think it matters on the subject and the quality of the article itself. If the reader perceives -from having read the article- that you have something to offer , they may click through to your site.

qwestcommunications, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  8. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Aye luck and also niche I feel.

Even the best written loans <insert competitive niche> article will have a hard job getting good search engine traffic even on the most trusted article directories.

Another benefit of Article Directories is that there is a chance the article will be picked up and reproduced on another site.

xenyo, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  9. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah but only quality article, rewrite "usual" articles will not do any goods. Useless.

wokaka, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  10. nshadab

nshadab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am agree with other's notions.
    It depends on
    1) Quality of your articles
    2) Content of the Articles
    3) Article Directory you have selected to post.
    4) PR of Directory
    5) Alexa Rating of the directory

one more important thing, if you have any artciles covering specific subject, you can look for the specific directories for that subject as well.

nshadab, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  11. jesterx

jesterx Peon

Best Answers:
    if you really want longer term traffic and sales your not going to beat articles

I must agree that they have to be good to get results...i would using the bum marketing method on this. It works a treat!

cheers

jesterx, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  12. Xangular

Xangular Banned

Best Answers:
    No one can answer that. It all depends.

Xangular, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  13. xohaib

xohaib Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the kind of keyword optimization you do and also how well your article leads to the author's resource box. Bum marketing is a great example of getting quality traffic from article submission to sites like ezinearticles.com

xohaib, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  14. royan

royan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For writers|webmasters seeking instant gratification from posting articles to a host of directories, this might be a disappointing move for many based on the idea of seeing instant results over the short term.

One of by best articles was written five years ago and is now sending far more hits to my website than the ones I had written a few months ago.

Articles, unless you receive a significant amount of "storefront" at the article directory, will not immediately send the average writer instant traffic due to the flood of new articles that get posted every day.

Only the choice articles picked by either the article directory owner or voted by readers as being most popular will receive any amount of significant traffic, therefore a greater number of us will be left unnoticed.

Articles works best when they are written to fit the readership style of a particular forum or blog or even for the popular social network sites like stumbleupon,myspace etc;

so rather than solely concentrating on submitting your well written articles to the article directories you can post quality articles to your blog communities,social networks or on your forums.

If you were to submit an opinion piece on a hotly debated topic of the moment wouldn't it generate far more readers and far more visits to your websites?

royan, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  15. affiliateslittleguy

affiliateslittleguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try doing free press releases and bring your article to the next level of audience. Distribute your articles to site with huge content writers.

do a search on alexa.com for daily traffic. I don't see a point to post to low traffic article directories.

get a free report on how to use article to make some extra income apart from driving traffic is good.

=> http://AutoArticleSubmitter.info
    (sorry not listed on CB yet, affiliate pls hang-on, I will post here once ready.)

affiliateslittleguy, Jun 26, 2007 IP