1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexing Problem

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by lapsaJ, Jun 25, 2007.

I have a wordpress blog which has over 10 unique articles on it. The articles were posted on the 20th June. I then used the SQUIRT tool later that day on the site. (bluehatseo.com) They say you can get indexed in less than 24 hours.

5 days later and I have the homepage, and one post indexed in Google. I have also added Google Sitemap plugin. The site is cheapmovingtruckrental.net

Any help is appreciated, will rep!

lapsaJ, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  2. Jaxta

Jaxta Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is showing 6 pages G UK Index. Who knows what it might show on other data centres with the terrible problems they've got at the moment.

I don't believe that sitemaps do anything than give Google an opportunity to find black hat related stuff on your site.

I've never had good results from it - the only thing it ever did was find some comment spam we'd accidently left in which resulted, quite rightly, in the site being de-indexed.

The best solution for indexing is to get links - not just to your homepage, it's preferable to get links to individual article pages. This also means you can have highly targetted anchor text which will help.

Jaxta, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    So it was worthless buying the $100/mth subscription to that indexing tool then :/

I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out.

lapsaJ, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. Jaxta

Jaxta Peon

Best Answers:
    I would much rather spend $100 on links from sites that are on-topic (IE automotive, trucks, transport, etc) than any "indexing" tool - I suggest text-link-ads.com

$100 will probably get you 5+ PR4+ links from related sites - this will index your site very quickly and help your rank.

Links from non-related site will get your site indexed but won't help your rank one iota.

Jaxta, Jun 26, 2007 IP
    lapsaJ likes this.
  5. lapsaJ

lapsaJ Peon

Best Answers:
    Cheers Jaxta, repped.

lapsaJ, Jun 26, 2007 IP