1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some possible good news.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by AGS, Jun 22, 2007.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Incorrect as usual, though I do enjoy you trying to weasel your way out of it ;)

Really? Did it hurt? It seems you really haven't thought about anything. You're simply trying to find a kind and gentle method of supporting those you've supported in the past and come to the rescue of a fellow supporter.

I'll answer the question again, though I doubt you'll have the intellect to understand it, again.

I don't defend terrorists stockboy. I leave that up to you and AGS.

Try again, stockboy.

GTech, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  2. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are "suspected" terrorists, Which is the point I'm trying to get in to your thick head. isn't it anti-American to suppose guilt without a trial?

What with the infinitesimally small (that means really small) conviction rate and the high percentage of people being released without charge, That suggests that the vast majority of them aren't terrorists at all. the only crime they are guilty of is being brown and in a country your regime attacked. But i guess that is a crime to you.

stOx, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  3. GTech

Best Answers:
    You mean the way you suppose guilt for soldiers and Israel?

They are "enemy combatants." They are not afforded "our" (not your) rights, yet they still are getting exactly that.

Let's look at it this way...you have not a word to say with "our" (the enemy you support) soldiers are killed in their captivity. In fact, we just saw this in the last month. Terrorists kill US and British soldiers in their captivity. On the other hand, we put the people you support up in a nice comfy beach front hotel, with meals prepared specially for them every day, recreational facilities, warm temperate climate, and who are you supporting here?

Duly noted stocks. You and AGS want terrorists released so they can get on with their business.

I won't try to convince you otherwise. It looks like your minds (what little there is) are made up. Thank you for confirming.

GTech, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  4. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You really are insane aren't you GTech?

Don't answer, it was a rhetorical question. ;)

AGS, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You still talk as though they are proven terrorists GTech. If that is the case why are the vast majority of them being released without charge? if they are released without charge it means they aren't guilty of whatever imaginary crime you have accused them of.

They aren't "terrorists" if they are released without charge.
    They aren't "enemy combatants" if they are released without charge.

If they are released without charge it means they have been held illegally in a concentration camp for absolutely no reason with no lawyers and no trial.

Nobody is saying the people held should have special treatment, and nobody is saying none of them are guilty of something. But they deserve the right to the same standard of treatment that any prisoner gets, Which is at bare minimum food, a lawyer and a trial. So far they have only been afforded one of these luxuries that is supposed to optimize this great nation you are so blindly patriotic of.

stOx, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  6. GTech

Best Answers:
    You are dealing with opinion, not fact. And you have the right to express your opinion. I've noted your support for terrorists in Gitmo and given you the credit you seek for that.

This has been covered before. Not being an "American," I will give you the benefit of the doubt for not knowing our laws. Though I suspect you only care about "your" opinion of how things "should be."

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=us&vol=317&invol=1
    In summary, the people you seek to defend, do not have *any* rights. Despite that, they are being given rights, including access to lawyers. They should be so lucky.

Now, you've been enlightened.

GTech, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  7. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you killed your own argument with your first bolded sentence "Unlawful combatants are likewise subject to capture and detention".

These people aren't "unlawful combatants". Didn't you watch the video posted earlier? The northern alliance went in to areas and just rounded people up, Regardless if they were doing anything wrong. And in most cases executed them on mass in the back of lorries.

This is the point you consistently and constantly fail to comprihend. The majority of these people have done nothing wrong. If there was a trial to determine their guilt you may have a point, But as it stands i'm afraid you are just chatting from the brown eye, Nothing new there.

If they are released without charge they can't possibly be "Unlawful combatants" for which this law is regarding. It's like stating the law entitled to a murderer for someone neither tried not convicted as a murderer.

stOx, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  8. GTech

Best Answers:
    Pure delusion on your part. You refuse to accept the truth.

To the contrary, they are and the laws specifically establish that. That you "wish" they were not, doesn't make them any less an enemy combatant. Further, you've posted nothing to back your claims up. Not surprising though, when it's based upon opinion.

As for the movie, let's review:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_to_Guantanamo
    In other words, propaganda, as most certainly recognize it is. But, there are suckers willing to side with terrorists and believe them. Right, stock/ags?

Pure speculation on your part. No doubt you would make such a claim with nothing to back it up. After all, we know who you support, correct?

More hypothetical speculation. The facts are in my post about enemy combatants. That is what they are. I've proven that with sources. You've simply wished and speculated. Very, very weak argument on behalf of terrorists. If you were representing them in court and offered this, you'd have one loss after another.

GTech, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't all enemy combatants you moron, That's why the vast majority are being released without charge. What part of that simple sentence written in plain English are you having trouble grasping?

Strange how they have only brought charges against four of the 500+ people held there. And one of them was an Australian!

stOx, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  10. GTech

Best Answers:
    Yet more unproven opinion. At every stage you are proved wrong, you simply move to something new. Hoping along the way, something will stick. How far will you go to defend your buds?

Strange how your buddy there was found guilty of exactly what I've been saying. You just made my point for me. He was an unlawful combatant (enemy combatant). A terrorist.

I liked how you just skipped right over the Gitmo propaganda and admission by one he was lying, how a second refused to take a lie detector test. And you fell for it, completely :D

You're letting your buds down. Better find a better defense.

GTech, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not unproved you cretin, It's proven in the link i posted. Ya know, The link you quoted me as posting. The link that says only 4 out of 500 have been convicted of any kind of "enemy combatant" activity.
    Yes he was one of the four out of 500 who were convicted. And he wasn't even from Arab decent, He was Australian. Should we bomb Australia next? After all, A quarter of the "Muslim enemy combatants" charged at Guantanamo bay were Australian.

My position was never than none of them had done anything wrong. It was that the majority hadn't. And it's proven by their appallingly low conviction rate and the astronomically high amount of them being released without a charge. But i guess when someone buries you in your own filthy lies you do a Bill o` and lie about the original point they were making in an attempt to turn it in to something your infantile intellect can form an argument against. It's called a strawman argument, It's a logical fallacy.

yeah, Got me there. Apart from one small error..... I didn't post the video.
    I only mentioned the video because at some point in it it talks about the northern alliance, Ya know, Your buds, Executing people on mass when they are locked in the back of a lorry.

Would you want your kids, Your brother or your father dragged off by a lynch mob, Tossed in to the back of a lorry and riddled with bullets for committing no crime other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time? No, I bet you wouldn't.

stOx, Jun 24, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  12. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    An appeals court in Virginia recently ruled that indefinite detention is illegal. Bush gang is afraid that Justice Dept. might enforce it and it won't look good.

demosfen, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  13. GTech

Best Answers:
    Your link did nothing more than prove you are a terrorist supporter. It also confirmed your bud as an enemy combatant and that he was guilty. You continue to believe in your own opinions about matters, even after I've clearly posted laws to the contrary of your opinions.

The life of luxuaries! He didn't deserve that. Again, you continue to ignore the laws and base your argument on personal feeling.

Incorrect. More "feeling" again. Enemy combatants are not afforded rights. Period.

Heh! I never said you posted it. You referenced it and still continue to reference it despite it being a farce propaganda film.

Maybe you could help them create the "Road to Guantanamo II" like Loose Change did! Still referencing it!

Thank you again, for confirming who you support. I'm glad we finally have this on record in no unmistakable terms, for you and AGS.

GTech, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't read it then, No? Ignorant fascist. It's become quite an obvious pattern with you where you ignore all facts which contradict any previously held bias view you hold. I refer you back to doublethink.
    You mean the four enemy combatants convicted? That's less that one percent of all people in the camp.

by the way, You didn't look at the post above yours did you. it turns out your "law" is kinda, Well, Illegal.

stOx, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  15. GTech

Best Answers:
    That's really about all you have left, isn't it? :D

Don't forget to send your buds a Hallmark card.

GTech, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's far from all i have left, But i guess it's all you have left to respond to.

stOx, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    Have to agree. Other than "I support terrorists at all costs," what else would you like to say?

GTech, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  18. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    My local newsagent is in Gitmo, they sent him over to Gitmo on a secret CIA flight, i have to use www.foxnews.com till he's released as i can't get my daily paper now:rolleyes:

Toopac, Jun 24, 2007 IP