1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my sedo stats - 152 Domains collectively: 1,118 views 11 clicks $ 1.04

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by stock_post, Jun 22, 2007.

my sedo stats - 152 Domains collectively: 1,118 views 11 clicks $ 1.04

is this normal?

Any ideas on improving the earning on my parked domains?

Thanks

stock_post, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  2. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting into parked domains as well. So far I have 4 with very little traffic, and no earnings. a few are typos, while I plan to use the rest to capture some affiliate signups.

Got any tips?

jukebox9988, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  3. KeyboardHustler

KeyboardHustler Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Parked domains are just boring.. :/ Do something creative instead! =p

KeyboardHustler, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  4. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it's normal or not, but it's a lot more clicks then I get:
    5 domains
    873 unique views
    1 click
    $0.06

tarponkeith, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  5. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea to diversify all your online ventures. Some will be creative, but sometimes the most boring monetization models yield the highest profits.

jukebox9988, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  6. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but that's pretty crappy. I used to be into parking domains years ago but I just ended up keeping some of the good ones and dumping the rest.

I think you are always going to be the loser with parked domains. The real money goes to the company that is hosting your parked domains. Here is what you can do to IMPROVE YOUR INCOME and make your parked domains profitable... or at least profitable enough to pay for themselves:

1. Get a solid hosting plan that allows unlimited domain parking (sometimes called domain pointers)

2. For each domain, setup a small website. It can be a single page if you like or more if you think it's worth the effort. Make sure you use the same template for all of your domains, it will make your life much easier and still look much better than a parking page.
    (Here's a tip, you don't have to write all of your content; take advantage of free articles, public domain information and open source like the wikipedia.)

3. Insert AdSense (or other contextual ad program), affiliate links and if you have PR you can sell links.

(Here's another tip, if you're too lazy to hunt for affiliate products, use Amazon's affiliate program; they have MANY great options for fully automatic and relevant products/links for any webpage by simply inserting ONE LINE OF JAVASCRIPT CODE)

4. Make sure that each website has a ROBOTS.TXT file that allows crawling.

I guarantee that this will produce a LOT more income for not a lot of work. You have to remember that it's really easy to do this if you cut your workload into small chunks.

First find a good template that you will be able to tweak and ad adverts and affiliate links... use this for all the websites and constantly tweak it until you achieve maximum CTR. After all, one good click on adsense can easily bring in $3... easy. That's not bad considering it takes you over 1,100 visits to make $1 right now.

If you do only 5 sites a day (shouldn't take more than an hour or two) then you'll be done in about a month and hopefully bump your earnings 10x

Hope this helps. In fact, I hope this motivates you to take my advice!
    (and don't be cheap on the rep, it doesn't cost you anything... ;) )

Cheers,
    Pete.

itsme, Jun 22, 2007 IP
    Coupons, Yankee0306 and r3born like this.
  7. totalmasala

totalmasala Banned

Best Answers:
    hey its very less try improve your keywords and get lots of clicks! i have one domain that gets 20% CTR after setting suitable keywords!

totalmasala, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  8. rohit147

rohit147 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well actually it depends on how old the domain is and what type of name name you have.

rohit147, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  9. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excelent post and advice, that more people should follow. Rep for you!

Coupons, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  10. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    That's really low.
    I think you will earn a lot more if you invest some time and money and develop the sites.

zexy, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  11. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.

It's actually the reason I started getting into being a "Webmaster" instead... parking doesn't pay.

Of course being spoiled early on with a few good domains made the switch a little more difficult... I'm lazy. :)

But it is better to attach websites to domains, no matter what the circumstances may be.

itsme, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  12. VentureOnline

VentureOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Although good advice the fault is gaining genuine visitors, you have to have a really good domain otherwise you have to attract visitors. Owning 20 sites with little to no content full of ads may not always be effective, even if you do get $3/click.

VentureOnline, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  13. jukebox9988

Best Answers:
    I own a few misspelled domains for affiliate products. Have anyone had success with redirecting these misspells to the proper domain?

jukebox9988, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  14. Cesay

Cesay Peon

Best Answers:
    I've also had bad experience parking at sedo. One domain made like $0.06 in 4 months so I removed and put up a blog that's making more money while the domain is still listed for sale at sedo.

Cesay, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  15. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    For parking your domains, use the right keyword(s). Do a Keyword Research and find the top best with less competition. Add 4-5 keywords and you should be fine.

3dPrinting, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  16. Business Blogger

Business Blogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Try someone different link namedrive or Dotzup. Sedo does not pay well.

Business Blogger, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  17. abw1302

abw1302 Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain parking is just a waste of a good domain name.

Do something useful with it. Create a website or blog. Monetize with Adsense, affiliate programs, or sell your own products.

Better still build a list and build a proper business. There are no lazy shortcuts in this business.

abw1302, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  18. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but the whole point is to some sort of content up there... and even if you have only 3 pages of content... and even if it's mostly copied from Wikipedia or wherever, it's still capable of being indexed and passing links to your other websites.

That means that besides the type-in traffic which you'll always get, you now have a CHANCE of getting traffic from the search engines (no matter how small) and cross linking your domains... neither of which you would get from parking.

Now, combine that with more targeted ads, affiliate links and perhaps even link sales... LOTS more bang for your buck. Not a lot of extra work.

If you want to continue being lazy (nothing wrong with that) you will have to learn to be happy with the $1 earnings.

:)

itsme, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  19. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I also had a bad experience in parking one of my domains. I earned around $.06 with sedo. I will never do that again. Best thing to do is make sure you know your subject and make a website out of it.

rmartish, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  20. TwoDollarSites.Com - Anna

TwoDollarSites.Com - Anna Peon

Best Answers:
    We've put automated websites on domains that previous people had parked and the results have been stellar. By building traffic to add to the type-ins and old backlinks the sites increased in value immediately as well. With the way the market is going this can be done pretty cheap as well.