1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About given up.....

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jfoster1980, Jun 18, 2007.

1. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    too many people when he failed to earn money in internet, then he created an e-book...I think you should not do that kind of thing..

wokaka, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  2. Yankee0306

Yankee0306 Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps online ventures are not for you. Perhaps you should look at offline businesses that match your skills. Good Luck.

Yankee0306, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  3. chuckd1356

chuckd1356 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try some niche sites. My friend make a golf site. He built a custom database then put a nice little UI on it. After that, he optimized for adwords, made some quick cash and sold it for $220 on DP. He's been selling the database as well for $7 a wack and he gets a sale at least 3-4 times a week.

chuckd1356, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me the 7 years have not been well spent as far as your online ventures are concerned.

qwestcommunications, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  5. cuni18

cuni18 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its hard to make money online for begginers because noone wish to share secrets with others

cuni18, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  6. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I second on what others mentioned about having passion - that's definitely needed.

As I look at your list... I see merely "techniques". And if there's a "secret" of making money it's not about the technique. It doesn't really matter whether you have tried adsense or affiliates. What matters is to provide extraordinary value to your audience.

Another important element is persistence: everybody likes to start new projects, but not many have the persistence to continue working on ONE project until it becomes a success.

Passion, value, persistence - these are certain to lead into fun, and money if that's what you are after.

Game Producer, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  7. Holly

Holly Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd like to know how much money you spent online in the last 7 years?

Holly, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  8. dunnaway

dunnaway Member

Best Answers:
    Don't focus on the big money that others say they are making. Start small, define your niche, do what you have a passion for, stay focused on one thing.

All these suggestions are great. Especially droopy420's. Take a break for a few days, weeks, months and then come back at it fresh.

dunnaway, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  9. eightperhour

eightperhour Peon

Best Answers:
    Not to pick on you, but this does seem like some kind of a joke. So many websites make so much money out there and they seemingly fall in to it by developing something they stumble upon that they themselves needed on the internet but could not find.

How about trying that approach.

EightPerHour

eightperhour, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep us updated frequently. Make useful posts here, start discussions and rent your sig;)

Arnie, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  11. askbryanmiller

askbryanmiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    This has helped me make a quick buck when I need it. Like,
    70 bucks in a couple short days when I really need it:

People on these forums always need content (as should
    you), and if you like to write (as I do), you might want to
    consider writing articles/blogs for some of them. It won't
    lead to riches, but if you're wanting a quick dollar to start a
    website or something, it can take the strain off of the
    financial burden.

EDIT: Another thing is to ACT! If you have an idea, or a
    desire to do something - do it!

A close friend of mine had an idea for a service about 3 years
    ago that he called "Pop-In-Video". It was the webs first,
    inexpensive streaming video player that could be put in a
    site, or email.

A partner of his failed to act. The programmer was afraid, or
    thought he had a better idea about how they should market
    it. The project never got done. A couple years later, youtube
    sells for more than all of us could spend in a lifetime put
    together.

My friend's partner failed to act. So make sure that you put
    action behind your desire! This is crucial.

askbryanmiller, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  12. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, i think you should choose a right mentor to guide you through the first step to break through your 7 years made $10 nightmare, and just be sure to always learn from the mistake you did and find out why...how and make changes to it.

"Learn How To Walk Before You Know How To Run"...but hopefully not the other way round. Do one step and above, put more concentration, be passionate, perseverance...

kenbiz, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  13. tazmart

tazmart Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you change the way you think about marketing and start concentrating on building lists. Learn a little html and create splash pages to whatever program or product you're promoting, and think about something that you know about. Everyone has something that they're good at or have some expertise in, then produce a website based on that.

Learn everything you can about advertising as there's plenty of free info out there, and then concentrate on that one thing. Don't get bogged down trying to do too much at once, and don't give up after a couple of months and try something else. Keep at it and things might start to happen.

tazmart, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  14. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    I rekon I've been in the same situation as you, It's been about the same amount of time, but recently I've been making a little bit here and there.

I earned $200 out of sheer luck. I bought a site one day, and sold it the next for about 20x as much, that's down to being in the right place at the right time.

I also sold a DP signature link for $70/6 months and two others for $5/month, again this dosent really involve any skill.

I read on this forum that someone earned $30k a month from their site using adsense. I thought to myself, if he can make 30,000..why can't I make $10? And it's this that has been in my mind while I spend money on articles, links, traffic, domains, hosting, servers, SEO ebooks (waste of time ;)).

Although I'm hardly the person to give advice, here's what I say :

Set a target, and work towards that. Don't look at the downsides, but look at the progress, no matter how slight. Everyone starts somewhere.

-Hecky

Hecky, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  15. dream274

dream274 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow 7 years thats some dedication bro :)

dream274, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  16. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing I would add to everyone's comments is (and I think one or two people already said it...) is ACT! I could spend all year reading forum posts and talking with people - but wind up spending very little time programming, implementing, testing, refining.... go for Nike... JUST DO IT!

Also - I've had to train myself to really think about what I'm doing. For each task that I do every day, what is that task doing to get me closer to making money? Don't waste your time with tasks that won't end up earning you money.

Good luck.

2ndPlatform, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  17. PurplePeeps

PurplePeeps Peon

Best Answers:
    7 years???

Isn't that the definition of insanity?

I saw this the other day - follow the directions to the T and you should make at least $100 bucks within the next 6 months. And no you're not going to make 20k a month, but you will make more than you have for the past 7 years. Concentrate only on this project for 6 months and you will get something. This is low hanging fruit.

http://www.wickedfire.com/affiliate-marketing/13286-20k-per-month-using-system.html

Good luck with it.

PurplePeeps, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  18. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Whether it works or not - it seems like a great idea and it's just plain hilarious to read this guy's posts. :)

2ndPlatform, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  19. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ummm, $10 over 7 years is very bad. You can ever earn that in one day if you write articles for websites. You can create a blog and do paid blog posts. You can create or purchase a website and put adsense on it and advertise it as much as possible. The ways that you can earn is endless.

john269, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  20. Swapw

Swapw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On the money that you've spent for 10 years, how long have you seriously sticked with one of the program? a month? few weeks?

No work, no gain, if you're just hopping around you won't make jack I promise you that. Heavy investments won't work unless you know what you're doing.

Swapw, Jun 22, 2007 IP