1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN account inactive. Will they shut me down?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by 1-script.com, Jun 22, 2007.

I'm fed up with lack of relevancy of YPN ads and very low eCPM and so I pulled the ads off my site. I would like to wait few months until they hopefully get more advertizers and make their ads more relevant.

Does anyone know for sure if they have a policy of shutting down accounts inactive for a particular legth of time?

1-script.com, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  2. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    no solid answer on this. some people said they had their account inactive for an extended period with no problems while others have had their account terminated. i would call ypn and tell them your situation and what you want to do. unfortunately, with their historical misinformation when it comes to answers, this may do nothing for you. my suggestion is to leave ypn on 1 page or 1 site that gets minor traffic so that you at least get something. then, all you have to worry about is getting the low conversions termination.

jmo

karagold, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  3. Trippen

Trippen Peon

Best Answers:
    I took them off for about 3 months and nothing happened.
    Just started using them again and seem to be getting better ads now. :)

Trippen, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  4. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't win with these ad networks, can you? :D

I think this is exactly what I'm going to do - put them on a site with negligible traffic. Thanks for your suggestions!

1-script.com, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  5. archard

archard Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried the Ad Targeting feature they have under Ad Setup? By default there doesn't seem to be much targeting at all on YPN's part but if you use the Ad Targeting feature you will get targeted ads within minutes. I've found it to be quite effective. And considering the shit keywords I get from Adsense, YPN is gold to me.

archard, Jun 22, 2007 IP