1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdToll.com Successfully Launched

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by ruby, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Views is how many ads have been displayed in your ad group.

If you have no sponsored ads running then you can earn through the RON ads that are displayed which you earn when someone clicks on them, they are PPC based.

ruby, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  2. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok Do I have to set RON ads for ppc or are they automatic?
    This is what I need for now till any one buys ads

ringtonegeezer, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  3. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its automatic.... if you have no sponsored ads then we serve you RON ads if there are any available matching your ad format and restrictions.

There is an extensive FAQ which covers all of these questions - http://www.adtoll.com/publishers.php

It is worth taking a read.

ruby, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  4. PwrUps

PwrUps Peon

Best Answers:
    I just added this to a couple web sites to try. I'm impressed by how easy it was to get started.

PwrUps, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on the great launch. It seems that your alexa rankings have jumped.

Good luck with this.

john269, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  6. zodiac

zodiac Peon

Best Answers:
    that will happen when most of the ads are for adtoll.:rolleyes:
    in house ads that point to the main site suck.pretty much it's free advertising and it isn't even target="_blank".

btw,whats up with a $12 fee to get paid by check???

zodiac, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  7. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So negative ;) .... please allow me to retort.

If your Ad Group does not have Sponsored Ads booked and there are no network ads available then you are displayed a default ad which is an "advertise your business here" banner/text ad. This is normal for any network and while we are still building momentum and advertisers you might find this a little. In fact most publishers are now being served ads, with only a small portion displaying default ads.

That default ad also includes your affiliate link (like the other links we provide for your use), so you can still earn through affiliate commissions.

If your Ad Group does not have ads then as a pubisher you need to ask yourself why.... don't blame the network. We are an Ad Management service, unlike a typical ad network, we provide the tools and backend you need to market and sell ads on your site. Network ads are served as a padding when your Ad Pool is not full to give you the extra earning potential.

Regarding the target="_blank"... most networks do exactly what we do, including Google, so don't know why you are singling us out. Perhaps the default ad needs to go to target="_blank" and the ads go to target="_parent". We are open to suggestions and feedback, after all if you use AdToll as your management service we do want to accomodate you and improve the service.

The fees on cheques and wire transfers are actually quite simple once you understand our business. Basically we are based in Australia so have AUD bank accounts. For us to write a USD cheque it costs us $12USD. If and when we build up our revenue we will most likely have a USD account here in Australia (although expensive) and then we will be able to write cheques in USD for free or at least cheaper.

Hope that helps... happy to have a discussion on a couple of those things mentioned.

ruby, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  8. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    $12 is alot of money. I don't think there are many if not any programs that charge to pay their affiliates by check. Yes alot charge for Wire transfers, but that is different.

Charging $12 is likely to make it much harder for you to recruit publishers in a big way.

john269, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  9. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We agree but most programs like this are run in the US which makes it pretty much free to write a USD cheque. We can't have a min. cheque payout of $20 and be expected to soak a $12 fee.

There's also a lot of programs that do not offer cheque or even wire transfers (AuctionAds being one of them). We are providing the option to Publishers to give them a choice.

We do pay into PayPal as well and also provide the option of transferring your earnings to your Account Credit which you can use to purchase advertising, which has no min. payout amount.

It is something we are aware of but at this stage we are happy with our offering and it is very competitive in the market considering our high commissions etc...

ruby, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  10. Rehman007

Rehman007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Ruby .. nice to see Adtoll running and i hope it will be succesfull.

But is it like Adsense? or u have to wait days and days for someone to buy ur ads?

I hope its type of Adsense where u get paid for clicks !

Thank You

Rehman007, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  11. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its really in your control.... set good prices, have good ad position and appeal to advertisers and they will buy ads, its that simple.

And as I have mentioned ae also provide network ads which are CPC based.

ruby, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  12. Rehman007

Rehman007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for answering Ruby ..

and how come Ads dont display for Mozilla Firefox users? this was same with Adengage

Rehman007, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  13. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They display fine. I was just reviewing your site actually and noticed they were not displaying. It has to be something on your site.

If you take the ad code and run it in the browser you will see it works fine.

ruby, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  14. Yodies

Yodies Peon

Best Answers:
    Ruby, the site looks great. I'll be signing up this weekend and giving things a try. What kind of earnings do you think I can get with 500 uniques a day? It's a video blog.

cheers
    =)

Yodies, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  15. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well earnings really depend... if you can entice advertisers to buy ads on your site then you will do well.

We provide network ads when your Ad Pool is not full to provide that extra earning capacity but the real money is in your sponsored ads I think personally.

ruby, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  16. ORiN

ORiN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I will wait 2 weeks before buying any ads on AdToll since the number of clicks is still building up for the current available ads.

ORiN, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  17. Smithers

Smithers Banned

Best Answers:
    Ill sign up later this weekend.

Smithers, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  18. dhscott

dhscott Peon

Best Answers:
    Their directory has a section for gambling I believe. And adult ads too.

dhscott, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  19. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest its an advertisers market at the moment with cheap ads available on most sites.

Also remember theres the RON ads which are very cheap. A non-targeted text ad for example starts at 2.06c per click and gets cheaper the more you buy. Check out the RONs at https://www.adtoll.com/book_ad.php?ron=y

ruby, Jun 23, 2007 IP
  20. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct we acecpt both.

The only sites we won't accept really are siites wil illegal content/intentions and paid to surf type stuff.

ruby, Jun 23, 2007 IP