1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Business, Work alone or with a partner?!?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by afhayati, Jun 18, 2007.

Hi

I have some ideas to run an online business.
    I can do it myself but it takes some times, because I'm a busy man.

I have a friend that he likes to work with me in this project. Hi can do something in this project.

So which is better?! work alone or work with him? In most if offline businesses, teamwork is better, But in this online business I don't know what to do? if he work with me, we can do these businesses faster, but I'm worried about future prblems???!!!! :confused:

which is better?

afhayati, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  2. mydeuter

mydeuter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    team work is better ...plan properly the task ...sure all the problem will get solved ...good luck :)

mydeuter, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  3. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Work alone, but outsource "manual" stuff. Be the mastermind, while letting others do the timeconsuming tasks.

Game Producer, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  4. nshadab

nshadab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with that, som this way you can always have time to concentrate on your goal and can move further to start somthing more new. Many good Online service provider offering good service you can use them.

nshadab, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  5. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not go in with a partner unless they're someone local, you've known them for a while and they are reliable. Along with that contracts are a must for this sort of thing.

All to often I see people get burned by "partners" in online businesses.

InFloW, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  6. Yankee0306

Yankee0306 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a partner and it works well as our strengths complement each other.
    Most partnerships do not work though. You have to be very careful in selecting a partner and I would say that taking on a partner should be your last resort.

Yankee0306, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  7. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    "hire" him dont make him a team member make him be a employee of you so you can fire him at any time..?

LegendaryPosting, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  8. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Alone is good, Partner is a plus :)

Shazz, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer to work alone

w3bmaster, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  10. WM7

WM7 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are dreaming big then there is no excuse for teamwork.
    An HR person believes, if there is a good team your productivity increases.

WM7, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  11. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Work alone but use "experts" to get whatever you need done on a freelance basis. Only share if you know the perosn well and will see hin physically on a regular basis, if not everyday.

qwestcommunications, Jun 18, 2007 IP
  12. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    good information qwestcommunications I am currently working with a freelancer and he is pretty sketchy when it comes to providing things on time

LegendaryPosting, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  13. GetToThePointRob

GetToThePointRob Peon

Best Answers:
    --

I Work Alone.

The lessons in life that stick in your brain to the point of being gun-shy from
    walking down such a path again, unfortunately are the ones that STING.​

My "beginning" of deciding to make more than a few hundred bucks (I had occasional $4,000 months, but not the norm) supplemental income online, came years ago with the creation of my first product. It was a competitive market, but history proves only to become a seriously wise decision of trends. (I apologize for talking in "code", but I don't reveal niche or product specifics in such arenas, anymore).

The products in the market at the time were only ebooks. They were priced at $17-$20, and in my opinion were way too painfully basic for me to put my name on. Thus I decided to follow the Gary Halbert (bless him) mantra of taking a good product and turning it into a superior product.

I also decided that my time and effort was not worth $20 a pop. Thus I positioned my product to be more than $200. I also proceeded to what nobody else was doing, thus adding to the perceived value, and going tangible. Product cost was covered by shipping costs: priority, before the USPS switched to "zones", which midstream cut into my profit margins, and for some reason most of my customers bought from California, zone 9, one the more expensive.

No list. I couldn't write a line of HTML code. Nobody knew me.

But, I was subscribed to an ezine at the time, that turned out reaching about 65,000. I picked up the phone, after tracking WhoIs information and called the owners directly, leaving messages that I believed I had a product that would be a good match for their audience. I sent emails, and heard nothing. For about a month.

Then, they finally called back, ecstatic that I thought of THEM, and wanted to do what now is so commonly referred to as the infamous JV - Joint Venture.

We did the sell that product and become good friends. Best friends.

They took care of all the online gobbily-gook, and I did all the positioning, copywriting, testing, etc. It worked for a couple of years.

As their business began to create headaches, I began to implement ways to eliminate them, turning $250 - $500 products and cheap per month products into high end ones, kicking the whiners, tire-kickers, and small money chasing complainers to the curb. With copy and positioning alone, turning a $500 product into a $5,000 product.

I invested years into the relationship. My success and cash flow catapulted. Theirs did too. Long story short, I've never publicly revealed the true story of how things played out, but the relationship soured. I was being cheated and had proof of more than a few lies being told by them.

Where we often talked long into the night, before Skype (that would have helped), and often everyday, I became a backburner item. There was certainly a point that I would have done anything for my partners, and we did indeed have some seriously good times.

But, ultimately, our relationship built up and fueled into a rage that resulted in our last phone call. Of which I recorded. It was so scathing and threatening, that I wanted something left in the proper hands, if something resulted from their verbal attacks.

I walked away from everything I had online. I had done business "on a handshake." Took care and helped my partners the best that I knew how. That reciprocal love become less and less.

Today, their business rakes in 7 figures on the net. Before "me" the never had reached half that. History suggests that once they got what they wanted, and were running with the "big dogs", they dumped the people who helped get them there.

I could tell you stories.

The Hole Was Deep and Dark.​

I walked away from everything. Within 3 years I fell into a clinical depression I couldn't see despite it pulling me in with both arms and legs. I hit bottom.

Here's the thing. "I hit bottom," coming from my mouth is something my former partners would relish. Even today, I monitor the internet and keep my tabs on specific individuals who continually steal my copy and continue to profit from it.

The front that is displayed to the public is one of helping hands and looking out for the little guy. Seminars have been attended for high dollars, with such names in the marquee. Ironically, still makes me chuckle, their main line of "expertise", is what I taught them.

Being Royally Screwed By Someone You Care About: SUCKS.

It is the permanent bad taste in your mouth, that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, and your gut ache with pain, when you get too close to something similar.

I work alone. The majority of my Clients have never been met face to face, many are international. And it was probably not wise of me to write this with Charlie Mingus playing in the background, as this post might be read as much too dark.

I Work Alone.

But, you'll be pleased to know that was years ago. I don't walk around kicking puppies, or do I feel the need or desire to drive my car into oncoming traffic. :cool: It was a set back, but sometimes you gotta take a couple steps backwards, before you can begin running forward.

The major, overall lesson I learned, but trust me there, were several, was: SHED YOUR LIFE of Poisonous People. In my circles of Marketers, behind the scenes, he has screwed more than me. We don't even say his name aloud anymore.

Chinese Proverb: "Fall down seven times. Get up eight."

I do have Mastermind teams, brainstorming sessions and camaraderie, but BUSINESS in my world is run by one person; you're looking at him.

P.S. What goes around, comes around. I believe in Universal Laws, The Golden Rule: The Law of Reciprocity, and you'll attract more bees with honey rather than vinegar.

That said, the day these chumps step from the curb, and get plowed down by a bus, having flocks of birds pooping on their head, and a lifetime of sitting at red lights should be any day now, based on the many bad vibes and ill will that they continue to spew out in the mighty, relentlessly driven pursuit of sucking money from your pocket.

I learned I'm not like them, and my standards are higher. We weren't a good match after all.

GetToThePointRob, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  14. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with those saying to go it alone and simply outsource tasks to consultants and contractors. This way you retain full control, and if someone involved isn't pulling their weight, you can simply cancel the contract. If you have a partner and things go sour, you're essentially screwed if they choose to make your life difficult.

jhmattern, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  15. timiepn

timiepn Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many for and against

1. Do you really need them?
    2. Could you get by without them?
    3. What is the profit split?

Just remember whatever you make you will have to give them something. Maybe it is better to build it slower, but retain all control and more importantly profit.

timiepn, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  16. JKPS

JKPS Guest

Best Answers:
    Outsource fragments. Don't let one employee ever know what you've given to the other.

JKPS, Jun 21, 2007 IP