1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does Search Engine Optimization include?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by 007A, Jun 18, 2007.

1. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    bwaaa ha ha ha... Dat's funny.

I think ol Aaron might take offence to that.... he's been working the SEO trenches for a while now... one of the smarter minds IMO.

As fer being an oportunist? It's part of the gig man - SEO = Search Engine Oportunist

he he....... nuff said

thegypsy, Jun 19, 2007 IP
  2. temyong

temyong Banned

Best Answers:
    temyong, Jun 20, 2007 IP
  3. sgorman

sgorman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I started to read SEOBook.

I even went in trying to think of it as something useful. Open minded as I was, I was totally disappointed by the content and, through my interpretation, the totally self-congratulatory tone.

I disagree that most of the top SEOs would cite this book.

Also - it has aged. The best books being written on SEO are written in the forums by the people doing the work: asking and answering the questions. Reading the answers.

The materials used for research are the sites for which we pay or are paid.

Both of the books that I have read were mad up of pretty obvious hints and tips but both had small nuggets of stuff that you already knew and had forgotten and may have thought of at some point.

I've posted this before but: SEO (not SEM) is a very simple way of designing and writing your site so that the crawler and interpret the overall meaning / topic of the pages. It is a way of thinking that will mould itself into the way that you are doing. It is not difficult to start but complicated to refine.

As for SEOpportunists... I don't disagree at all. Can't some of us be in it for the 'helping your brother man'?

sgorman, Jun 21, 2007 IP